Police have confirmed the death toll in ethnic violence in the Chereponi district of the Northern region is now four.
Details of the identities of the deceased are yet to be confirmed.
Konkombas, a majority ethnic group in the district and Chokosis, a minority group have engaged in violence since the New Year.
Chereponi has had a checkered history of violence triggered by a fundamental disagreement over issues of land and political representation.
There has been bloody clashes between Konkomba, Nanumba and their Dagomba allies.
But in the latest episode of violence, it is between KonKombas and Chokosis.
A Chokosis man was shot dead allegedly by a Konkomba. His body was deposited a a morgue in Mango, a town in neighbouring Togo.
A security source has told myjoyonline.com, Konkomba assailants have burnt down 10 villages while Chokosis have destroyed five.
Security agencies are yet to release information on the extent of the damage beyond reports that in total, at least 150 mud houses have been torched.
There is a 4pm to 7am curfew in Chereponi but it has not stopped residents fleeing into Togo although it has brought an uneasy calm in the area.
Northern Regional Security Council has indicated it will engage with feuding factions in Chereponi.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Media, security personnel train in civil-military relations
- Accra International Book Festival hosts South African writer on ‘Catch Up!’
- Year of Return: African diaspora & the significance of their return
- Boy shot dead, scores injured as Odumase protest against PDS
- Twellium Industry donates towards Alajo mosque rehabilitation
- Military officers, security experts get Peace Operations training
- Gov't provides 21 mechanised boreholes to Ghana Prisons Service
- Major Mahama murder trial: Prosecution invites 10th witness
- Special Prosecutor Office becoming butt of a joke – Suhuyini
- Ex-convict remanded for alleged murder of grandmother, 72
- Convener of Press Freedom protest claims attack
- Ogilvy Ghana bags 6 prestigious African SABRE awards
- Newspaper headlines: Wednesday, May 22, 2019
- Millionaire put private plane on autopilot so he could have sex with 15-year-old girl
- Real-life filming locations from when 'Game of Thrones' was good