A Chinese national was killed Wednesday while two others left in critical condition have been hospitalized after the LPG-cylinder they were using to weld exploded at Wassa Akropong in the Amenfi East District of the Western Region.
Such was the force of the explosion that it exposed the entrails of the dead man and splashed blood all around.
The thunderous sound and plumes of smoke accompanying the explosion sent residents running for dear life, while the rented building the Chinese have converted into an all-purpose workshop from where they undertook welding of machines and metal fabrication also suffered extensive damage.
The police are investigating the cause of the explosion said to have occurred shortly before 11am.
An eyewitness and elder of the community, Mr. George Cobbinah made a report of the accident to the police and said at about 10:30, the two critically injured Chinese nationals, Liung Xan Xen, 52 and Li Fa Ning 43, together with the deceased whose name was not readily available were in the building welding when “unfortunately, the gas cylinder exploded killing one instantly and causing serious injuries to the two.”
He said the resulting debris virtually buried the deceased and smashed vehicles and other properties on the compound.
The two critically injured are on admission at the Wassa-Akropong Government Hospital while the body of the deceased has also been deposited at the mortuary of the same hospital for autopsy.
More News Headlines
- Man with old TV set mask leaving old TV sets on people’s porches
- The top cities overrun by tourists
- KNUST supports winners of 2019 Presidential Pitch Season II Competition
- Akufo-Addo to open National Conference on AFCFTA Implementation Monday
- Adom FM editor wins Media Personality award at MTN Heroes of Change
- Otumfuo’s Asamponhene killed
- Blame shareholders for job losses in Savings and Loans crash - BoG
- Video: Two street preachers 'fight' in Kumasi
- The Ghana Grand tour: Celebs join UK High Commissioner for final lap
- Science set inventor, 26yrs, wins MTN Heroes of Change Season V
- African youth propose 'workable' solutions to achieving Africa beyond aid
- 7 busted over bus load of Niger-bound Indian hemp
- Communication gap caused widespread teacher anger over allowance – GES
- Photos: Lukula burns in tit-for-tat attacks in Savanna region
- Paris waiter 'shot dead over slow sandwich service'