They were hopeful of a successful title defence in 2018, having won the 2017 contest for a fourth title, but they suffered a shock semifinal elimination by underdogs West African Senior High (WASS).
The Prempeh College boys had recorded intimidating score-lines throughout the competition.
Their might, however, was subdued in a 2018 contest involving WASS who presented the same contestants used in 2017.
And although Prempeh College and WASS struggled with each other to dominate the contest, it was experience that counted in the end.
It ended WASS, 52 points, Prempeh College, 45 points and Krobo Girls who only obtained 29 points.
Disappointed fans of Prempeh after they lost in 2018.
A year has passed since then and after “going back to correct their mistakes,” the Prempeh College team has arrived at the University of Ghana for the 2019 edition of the National Science and Maths Quiz.
In their iconic yellow and green colours, the Kumasi-based school arrived in the capital Accra on Wednesday.
The Amanfuo folk are hopeful of breaking Presec Legon’s record as the only school to have won the competition five times.
— NSMQ Ghana (@NSMQGhana) 12 June 2019
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Amidu lashes out at Yaw Boaben Asamoa
- Apology from Adom FM newsroom to Sanitation Minister
- Sanitation minister apologises
- Section of Legon-Okponglo road temporarily closed
- Mass production of lawyers, forget it - CJ
- Avoke storms UEW to reinstate self as Vice-Chancellor
- 20 SHSs in Ashanti, Bono complete STEM camp in Kumasi
- 2 High Schools in U/E to remain closed for 2 weeks
- UEW VC sued by lecturer who wants Avoke back
- StanChart, Prudential Life launch savings and educational product
- Police arrest 3 with human parts
- KNUST student from less endowed SHS becomes valedictorian
- Investment in data collection important to surviving water disasters – Weather expert
- Photos: Section of Okponglo road caves in
- Kissi Agyebeng replaces Date-Bah at Electronic Communications Tribunal