Police in the Eastern region have started investigations into the death of an unidentified man who is suspected to have been lynched by a mob.
The deceased was allegedly lynched by a mob at Agomanya Ablotsi in the Lower Manya Krobo municipality was discovered in a gutter in the early hours of Saturday.
The body showed multiple injuries from the attack when a team of police officers from Odumase found it.
The victim who is believed to be in his early 30s is not known by residents in the area.
Detective Inspector George Koranteng of the Odumase Police command told Joy News’ Kofi Siaw that they got information of the body at 7:30 am.
According to him, not much information had been received on the incident or the deceased but said they are looking into the incident.
He cautioned the public not to resort to lynching suspected thieves but report such incidents to the police.
The Assembly man for Agomanya Ablotsi North area condemned the incident.
Advising the residents not to take the laws into their own hands, he condemned incidents of rampant stealing in Agomanya and its environs.
He disclosed that plans are underway to hold a public forum to find ways to resolve issues of stealing.
The latest incident brings to two the number of suspected thieves lynched in the area within the last three months.
The body has been conveyed to the Atua Government Hospital morgue for autopsy and preservation.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Third complaint against Sir David Adjaye over multiple contracts
- Christian family refuses to pay income taxes because it “goes against God’s will”
- Woman, 34, murdered in Agona Swedru
- Parliament approves conversion of UDS Wa campus into University
- 43-year-old mechanic jailed 5 years for beating up police officers
- Photo of the Week: When 'abnormal' indecent exposure becomes 'normal'
- KAIPTC to host flagship peace, security forum to honour late Kofi Annan
- Video: Presec students create App to track exeats
- Public Procurement Authority receives top award in Berlin
- L’AINE Services ends career clinic in Tamale
- Court to hear stay of proceedings motion filed by Dr Opuni
- Mahama murder trial: Court orders BNI to give suspect more time with lawyer
- Failed nurse jailed 22 months for faking documents
- The LEKMA road that kills people seeking medical care
- Bad roads: It's leadership's responsibility to FixLekmaNow - Residents