Left-wing political movement Economic Fighters League has called for the legalisation of marijuana, highlighting its economic potential in improving livelihoods.
The call is also in support of a march by Rastafarians who want expunged, the PNDCL 236 which criminalises the cultivation and sale of the green leafed plant.
The march scheduled for June 26, 2019 is intended to draw public attention to the medicinal, economic and industrial potential of marijuana, a statement signed by the League’s Fighter-General Hardi Yakubu.
Marijuana legalisation is a growing trend in Europe and the Americas. In Africa, cannabis as it is also called and its production is criminalised in several countries.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- LEKMA road finally gets new contractor
- Deeper Life tackles immorality with campus congress
- Report wives who wear jeans to bed - DOVVSU
- You can pay to cuddle cows at this New York farm
- Controversy-plagued UEW halts 2019 graduation
- Wa regional hospital boss sacked
- Name those you accuse – Dr. Akwetey tells 'undermined' Special Prosecutor
- Tiger fleeing floodwaters breaks into home, relaxes in bed
- Residents chase out police for bringing back alleged witches
- Video: Baako explains why police disobeyed court order on Afoko bail
- Lordina Mahama bags Master of Laws degree in UK
- Desperate pet owner offers his home to whoever finds his lost dog
- Ban on hunting , capturing of wild animals begins August 1
- Sandwinners destroying water source for Asutsuare residents
- Methodist Church Ghana won't support same-sex marriage