The founder and leader of the Glorious Word Power Ministry International, Rev Owusu Bempah on Friday stormed the offices of Radio XYZ in Accra with armed men, threatening to kill one of the station’s presenters, Mugabe Maase.
Narrating what happened, lead producer for the station, Kofi Oppong Asamoah, told Joy News that at about 10 am, when their flagship programmes were airing, the receptionist came through with the self-styled man of God.
“He came with some bodyguards who were armed and they came into the foyer asking of Mugabe Maase, the host of an afternoon political show.
“We asked him why he was asking for Mr. Maase to which he replied that the radio presenter has made derogatory comments about him on the radio on Thursday,” he said.
According to him, Rev Bempah said the presenter had threatened he is going to sack him from the country so he is presenting himself for that action to be taken.
“He said emphatically that he is going to end the life of Mugabe Maase because the host cannot go about speaking untruth about him,” Mr Asamoah said.
The puzzled guests around at the time kept asking Rev Bempah what authority he has to threaten that he would ensure the station is closed down and killing the presenter.
Their questions threw the premises into chaos as Rev. Bempah’s heavily built bodyguards moved to manhandle the guests.
“Although one of the bodyguards tried to manhandle someone, he was restrained by other people around. No one was hurt and no property was vandalised,” Mr Asamoah recounted.
The management of Radio XYZ has, however, lodged a complaint with the East Legon Police Command.
In a statement after the incident, Radio XYZ has asked the security agencies to act to ensure the safety of Mugabe Maase and the station as a whole.
”We unreservedly condemn this dastardly act by Prophet Owusu Bempah and trust that the security agencies shall deal with the matter expeditiously,” management said.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Kintampo accident: 35 persons burnt beyond recognition given mass burial
- 2019 Life Walk: ICGC donates ¢200K to Mental Health Authority
- Era of serving without promotion is over - Akufo-Addo tells police
- 'You are our most distinguished alumnus' - Buckingham University VC tells Bawumia
- Ancient Rome's sinful city at the bottom of the sea
- 7 Illegal Chinese miners arrested by ministerial committee
- No conspiracy in law school exams – Akufo-Addo
- Four remanded over kidnapping hairdresser
- Swedru municipal guard in assault case arrested
- Eugene Arhin recognised among 'Most Influential People of African Descent'
- Unemployed man remanded over robbery
- Absence of policy framework on road safety to blame for carnage - Lawyer
- NADMO distributes relief items to Chereponi victims
- Paul lobbied to appear on AWW Commission – Kofi Abotsi reveals
- Baako calls for ‘occasional’ media blacklist of Police Service