The founder and leader of the Glorious Word Power Ministry International, Rev Owusu Bempah on Friday stormed the offices of Radio XYZ in Accra with armed men, threatening to kill one of the station’s presenters, Mugabe Maase.
Narrating what happened, lead producer for the station, Kofi Oppong Asamoah, told Joy News that at about 10 am, when their flagship programmes were airing, the receptionist came through with the self-styled man of God.
“He came with some bodyguards who were armed and they came into the foyer asking of Mugabe Maase, the host of an afternoon political show.
“We asked him why he was asking for Mr. Maase to which he replied that the radio presenter has made derogatory comments about him on the radio on Thursday,” he said.
According to him, Rev Bempah said the presenter had threatened he is going to sack him from the country so he is presenting himself for that action to be taken.
“He said emphatically that he is going to end the life of Mugabe Maase because the host cannot go about speaking untruth about him,” Mr Asamoah said.
The puzzled guests around at the time kept asking Rev Bempah what authority he has to threaten that he would ensure the station is closed down and killing the presenter.
Their questions threw the premises into chaos as Rev. Bempah’s heavily built bodyguards moved to manhandle the guests.
“Although one of the bodyguards tried to manhandle someone, he was restrained by other people around. No one was hurt and no property was vandalised,” Mr Asamoah recounted.
The management of Radio XYZ has, however, lodged a complaint with the East Legon Police Command.
In a statement after the incident, Radio XYZ has asked the security agencies to act to ensure the safety of Mugabe Maase and the station as a whole.
”We unreservedly condemn this dastardly act by Prophet Owusu Bempah and trust that the security agencies shall deal with the matter expeditiously,” management said.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Newspaper headlines: Friday, May 24, 2019
- IGP warns police officers against ‘brute acts of indiscipline’
- Mamfe township to welcome 2019 Robofest winners in grand style
- Catholic Church remains ‘alert to security threats’ – Archbishop assures
- Two fallen Ghanaian peacekeepers to be awarded posthumously
- The most bizarre celebrity airport outfits
- The 10 countries everyone should visit
- Pursue development oriented CSR – GNPC Foundation boss to corporate bodies
- IGP commissions Tema Comm 25 police station
- Security guard jailed 6 months for causing harm
- US, Ghana gov’t collaborate to strengthen reading in basic school
- Global Agribusiness players advocate new model for dev't of African agriculture
- Joy News Special: Garbage in, garbage out
- Chereponi: Another person dead in latest clash
- MP faults PDS over bloody Odumase violence that killed boy