Twene Amanfo Senior High and Technical School (SHTS) contestants shed tears as they failed to make a second consecutive appearance at the nationals of the National Science and Maths Quiz (NSMQ).
They lost the last contest for the day to Acherensua SHS.
By their loss, they will sit on the sidelines for the 2019 championship. They finished with 16 points, 11 points behind Amanten Senior High who won the contest and picked the qualification slot.
Acherensua SHS placed second in the contest with 17 points. Jema SHS and New Longoro SHS both ended with 9 points apiece.
Twene Amanfo Senior High made it to the one-eighth stage in 2018 championship but could not stand the heat from Cape Coast giants, Wesley Girls’ Senior High.
In the first contest for the day, Presec, Bechem carried the day with 25 points; half of what Notre Dame won with, but a win is a win.
Dormaa SHS trailed them with 17 points while Nkoranman SHS and Nsawkaw State scored 12 and 6 points respectively.
In another contest, Notre Dame Girls’ Senior High on Tuesday, recorded the highest points for ‘Brong Ahafo as the qualifiers for the wrapped there.
Notre Dame Girls’ SHS scored 50 points mid-morning on Tuesday, the highest for the region, now split into three administrative regions.
Their three challengers were no match for the Fiapre-based school as the sum of all their points was nowhere close to the victors’.
Our Lady of Providence SHS scored 14, Methodist SHTS, Berekum followed with 8 points and Kajaji SHS obtained a single point.
Berekum Senior High won the penultimate contest with 36 points. Their challengers were also no match for them as Istiqaama Senior High who placed second garnered only 13 points, and that was it.
Chiraa SHS finished the entire contest with no points to show.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Newspaper headlines: Thursday, June 20, 2019
- DVLA, Guinness Ghana roll out new module to check drunk driving
- Tema: One person feared dead after loaded truck runs into wall
- Man ordered to compensate ex-wife for 27 years of house chores
- ACEP cautions PURC over delay to release new power tariffs
- A sleepy island paradise's most showstopping sights
- Int’l environmental organisations join opposition to mine in Atewa forest
- Ga West Municipal Assembly auctions 4 "arrested" goats for ¢665
- BOST signs Collective Bargaining Agreement with Senior Staff
- Ethiopian Airlines is Africa’s Best Airline for 3rd consecutive year
- Stereotyping Nigerians: High Commissioner was right to caution media
- Judge summons IGP, CID boss as contempt looms
- Sonrise fails to shine as Pope John record first NSMQ win in two years
- A few Nigerians committing crimes in Ghana - Dr Antwi Danso
- Agyenim Boateng blasts CID for arresting Nigerian professor