The Ghana Immigration Service (GIS) has taken the necessary steps to upgrade its Techiman District Command to the status of a Regional Command.
This was disclosed when the Comptroller-General of Immigration (CGI), Kwame Asuah Takyi paid a two-day working visit to the Techiman District Command of the GIS in the newly created Bono East Region.
Techiman is the capital for the newly created Bono East Region.
Mr. Kwame Asuah Takyi called on the District Commander, Superintendent Michael Brewu Ampofo, to receive firsthand information on the administrative and operational challenges in the Region.
He later inspected facilities of the Command and addressed a durbar of Service personnel. He admonished them to exercise great deal of discipline and good judgments in the discharge of their duties.
Kwame Asuah Takyi (middle) in a photograph with some GIS staff at Techiman
He commended the service personnel for their dedication to duty despite the challenges they were confronted with and urged them not to renege on their intelligence gathering responsibilities.
The CGI assured the Service personnel of management committed to furnishing the Command with the necessary resources and logistics that would befit the status of a Regional Command.
Mr. Kwame Asuah Takyi expressed gratitude to the Municipal Assembly for bequeathing to the Service additional offices at both the Techiman and Kintampo Commands.
He ended his working visit to the Bono East Region with a call on a sister security agency, Ghana National Fire Service (GNFS) where he interacted with personnel of the GNFS and advised them to collaborate and support each other towards ensuring security in the Region.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Akufo-Addo administration has worse press freedom record – Tarzan fires
- Israel Embassy launches competition to promote green innovation
- Media houses join hands in #DefendMediaFreedom campaign
- Immediate past IGP not free of contempt charges – Srem-Sai
- Efforts to end water scarcity must be science-driven – Expert
- That’s My Opinion: ’Good citizens are not born’
- Video: Adenta-Madina residents refuse to use highway footbridge
- Medical report declaring MP murder suspect sane for trial challenged
- Afoko contempt case: IGP, CID boss fail to show up on judgement day again
- Akufo-Addo directs IGP Apeatu to hand over to deputy
- World Population Day: Support, empower adolescents in fight against teenage pregnancies
- Danger! LPG cylinders' safety compromised
- CID investigation in Bissue’s case ‘unhelpful distraction’ - Tiger Eye
- Probe Suale’s death - US Embassy