The Ghana Immigration Service (GIS) has taken the necessary steps to upgrade its Techiman District Command to the status of a Regional Command.
This was disclosed when the Comptroller-General of Immigration (CGI), Kwame Asuah Takyi paid a two-day working visit to the Techiman District Command of the GIS in the newly created Bono East Region.
Techiman is the capital for the newly created Bono East Region.
Mr. Kwame Asuah Takyi called on the District Commander, Superintendent Michael Brewu Ampofo, to receive firsthand information on the administrative and operational challenges in the Region.
He later inspected facilities of the Command and addressed a durbar of Service personnel. He admonished them to exercise great deal of discipline and good judgments in the discharge of their duties.
Kwame Asuah Takyi (middle) in a photograph with some GIS staff at Techiman
He commended the service personnel for their dedication to duty despite the challenges they were confronted with and urged them not to renege on their intelligence gathering responsibilities.
The CGI assured the Service personnel of management committed to furnishing the Command with the necessary resources and logistics that would befit the status of a Regional Command.
Mr. Kwame Asuah Takyi expressed gratitude to the Municipal Assembly for bequeathing to the Service additional offices at both the Techiman and Kintampo Commands.
He ended his working visit to the Bono East Region with a call on a sister security agency, Ghana National Fire Service (GNFS) where he interacted with personnel of the GNFS and advised them to collaborate and support each other towards ensuring security in the Region.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Photos/Video: Floods wreak havoc in Accra
- Peace Council urge gov't to extend training on terrorism to citizens
- Newspaper headlines: Tuesday, May 21, 2019
- Threat of terror: ‘Be vigilant of suspicious behaviours’ - GPCC
- This woman claims she can’t find a job because of her good looks
- The ‘sacred forests’ of northern Ethiopia
- We're confident missing Taadi girls will be found - Ghana Gas to families
- Police retrieve Stonebwoy’s pistol
- 6th National Policy Summit launched
- Photos: Methodist Girls' SHS wins 2019 World ROBOFEST competition
- That's My Opinion: If it's good in America then it's good in Ghana?
- Photos: Ayariga fears for his cars after 45-mins rain
- Man chooses jail over going home to wife
- Church terror scare: Sunday school children are easy targets - Police
- Adopt positive attitude towards Ghana's dev't - Papa Owusu-Ankomah