Floods continue to wreak havoc in parts of the capital following one hour of rain on Monday.
The newly constructed Terminal 3 at the Kotoka International Airport (KIA) and several homes flooded following the downpour.
For instance, residents at Asylum Down, Kaneshie and parts of the Accra International Trade Fair all in Accra spent hours scooping out water from the homes, while the Okponglo area on the Madina-Accra highway, which is notorious for flooding, was not left out.
Meanwhile, unconfirmed reports indicate that two persons were killed during the rains.
NADMO officials have been unavailable to confirm the deaths, but President Addo Akufo-Addo is expected to tour some flood-prone areas later this morning.
Ahead of that, Dredge Masters, the contractors carrying out dredging works in the Odaw River, said it has cleared out lots of silt from the 7.5 km stretch drain to prevent spillovers during the rains.
The video below shows the flooding situation at KIA’s Terminal 3 on Monday.
Also published below are some random shots from flood locations in Accra.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Afoko pleads not guilty murder charges
- Sandema SHTS: Student dies after clashes with police
- Concerned old boys of Bishop Herman College raise funds to buy mono-desks
- Prof Bawole appointed Dean of University of Ghana Business School
- An entire family is wiped out a day in road crashes - Report
- Prof Atuguba appointed Dean of University of Ghana School of Law
- YEA introduces job centre platform to boost employment
- 82% of LPG stations in Central Region pose danger to lives, property
- Afoko’s rights ‘clearly’ violated – GBA president
- Newspaper headlines: Wednesday, July 17, 2019
- Police appeal for public assistance to catch Tema fuel station robbers
- Kumasi Academy past students elect new executives
- Restaurant in Japan bans Japanese customers, only serves foreigners
- Hotel near Buckingham Palace serves $200 cup of tea
- Photos: Dag Heward-Mills works miracles in Namibia