Floods continue to wreak havoc in parts of the capital following one hour of rain on Monday.
The newly constructed Terminal 3 at the Kotoka International Airport (KIA) and several homes flooded following the downpour.
For instance, residents at Asylum Down, Kaneshie and parts of the Accra International Trade Fair all in Accra spent hours scooping out water from the homes, while the Okponglo area on the Madina-Accra highway, which is notorious for flooding, was not left out.
Meanwhile, unconfirmed reports indicate that two persons were killed during the rains.
NADMO officials have been unavailable to confirm the deaths, but President Addo Akufo-Addo is expected to tour some flood-prone areas later this morning.
Ahead of that, Dredge Masters, the contractors carrying out dredging works in the Odaw River, said it has cleared out lots of silt from the 7.5 km stretch drain to prevent spillovers during the rains.
The video below shows the flooding situation at KIA’s Terminal 3 on Monday.
Also published below are some random shots from flood locations in Accra.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- NSMQ2019 Day 2 wrap: Kumasi derby that broke KASS hearts, kick seeded school out
- Thought-provoking quotes from Joy FM's Super Morning Show
- NaCCA finalizes ‘anti-corruption’ integrity education manual for students
- Former Dep minister's son found dead in Manhattan
- NSMQ2019: 1pt difference as OWASS dumps KASS, OKESS in Kumasi derby
- Photos: Dag Heward-Mills visits Archbishop of Canterbury
- 3 arrested for robbing fetish priest, kidnapping son
- Kindergarten pupil dies after falling in septic tank
- Chinese suspect in banned Rosewood trade re-arrested
- Asantehene destools second chief in a week
- NSMQ2019: How St Ignatius used 'Problem of the Day' to kick out a seeded school
- Pepsodent supports SOS Children Village Founder’s Day
- March to decriminalise marijuana gets EFL support
- Zongo chief takes on UEW Vice Chancellor over discord at university
- Over 98% of ABFA cash pumped into free SHS in 2018 – Report