The headmistress of the Achimota Primary School, Edith Kyeremanteng, has denied reports that two pupils of the school have been kidnapped.
Early Wednesday, a hawker is said to have rushed to the school claiming she saw two pupils being whisked away by a taxi driver.
But school officials say a headcount of both boarding and day pupils established no pupil had gone missing.
A wave of kidnapping reports has hit the country in recent months.
The whereabouts of three girls reported kidnapped in Takoradi, the Western Region capital still haunts the nation.
The first girl was reportedly kidnapped in August of 2018 while the others went missing four months later.
The main suspect, a Nigerian named Samuel Udoetuk Wills, is currently serving a three-year jail sentence for jailbreak.
He has reportedly refused to cooperate with investigators to find the missing girls.
Last month, 61-year-old, Nabil Makram Bashbous, Consular General and Head of Mission of Estonia, was on his usual morning walk in his neighbourhood when he was abducted. He was later rescued by police.
Again, a 30-year-old Indian businessman was abducted last month by gunmen in Kumasi, the Ashanti Region capital. He was also later rescued.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Why you will pay 18.1% more for water
- Multimedia Group's Richard Kwadwo Nyarko selected as Africa fact-checking fellow
- Newspaper headlines: Tuesday, June 25, 2019
- Aggressive seagulls keep couple hostage in their own home for six days
- Zongo chief takes on UEW Vice Chancellor over discord at university
- Video: Meet Sarafina, the 16-year-old anti-child marriage campaigner
- Paris planning flying taxis by 2024
- NSMQ2019 one-eighth stage: Day 1 thrills as KSTS, Porters are sent packing
- Special Feature on 1V1D: Complaints by communities gov’t should not ignore
- Archbishop Porter Girls bundled out of NSMQ2019
- Anas exposes ‘pastor’ allegedly forcing orphan to eat own poop
- Hotline Documentary: Killing our roses (III) – The Aftermath
- NSMQ2019: Presec restores contest to factory setting after R1 loss
- Water tariff goes up by 8%
- NSMQ2019: Pope John get KSTS revenge to qualify for quarterfinals