Furniture worth thousands of cedis have been destroyed after a fire ravaged a shop early Friday, at Sakaman in Accra.
About ¢1.5m worth of furniture has been destroyed. Managing Director of Central Furniture Works, Mustapha Mahama, told Joy News.
It took personnel from the Ghana National Fire Service, six hours to control the inferno.
The cause of the fire is unknown.
More News Headlines
- US government deports 40 Ghanaians
- EOCO knew my travel plans - Menzgold CEO
- Rate of police contract appointments worrying
- Commonwealth begins inaugural speaker series in Accra
- I do not seek political office – Nana Appiah Mensah
- Unfreeze our accounts – Embattled Menzgold boss begs
- Full speech: NAM 1 breaks silence after 9 months detention
- SHS students challenge Parliament's Education C’ttee Chair over 'free textbook' claim
- Update: Menzgold CEO ends presser; observes minute silence for departed clients
- Today at the newsstands
- Porous borders: Customs officials on high alert over suspected Ivorian rebels
- Asamponhene's killing: Close confidant arrested
- Corruption is toxic and prevailing in every sector -Anglican Bishop
- Missing Ta'adi girl’s family hold prayers to mark first anniversary
- Driver, mate jailed 17-years for robbery