Lives and vehicles were endangered Friday when the engine of an articulated truck went off while ascending Kwame Nkrumah overhead.
The engine ceasure caused the truck to reverse and finally tumbled in the process.
No fatality has been recorded yet.
However, the accident brought massive traffic to the already busy interchange.
The police were on hand to provide security, direct traffic and begin investigations into the accident.
According to Chief Inspector Felix Tseh of the Nima MTTD, it is too early to determine the cause of the accident but eyewitnesses have claimed that the driver ignored a caution sign not to use the overpass.
The truck, with registration number GR 4258 N, was carrying raw materials from Tema port to a warehouse in Odorkor.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- The holiday destination no one has heard of
- Assistant U.S. Secretary of State for Consular Affairs visits Ghana
- 7 die in gory accident as vehicle plunges into valley
- Bright Minds Foundation to provide housing, financial support to defiled 13-yr-old
- Video: Customers storm Zoe Outreach Embassy to demand locked-up investment
- Ace Ankomah finds a cause to rant in Takoradi
- SSNIT wants contribution rate reviewed
- Let’s collaborate to run mission schools - Presbyterian University president to govt
- GNPC Foundation secures scholarship for students in rural communities
- Ex-convict sent back to prison for stealing
- Retired army officer criticises presser on Canadian girls’ rescue
- Odumase police investigate alleged lynching of unidentified man
- 94-year-old World War II veteran gets high school diploma
- Spending time in nature boosts health, study finds
- ENA calls for gov’t support for persons living with albinism