Ophesmur /of. ei. s. mor/ Naa Adjeley Odua Adjei
Means “Ga woman with no chill” (Just kidding)
Coupled with a sanguine-choleric blend means on the daily, I’m a mixed bag of emotions.
Fluctuating from being super excited one minute, calm in a second and then explode the next minute.
Domineering and relentless with a high regard for getting the job done doesn’t make me your favorite work colleague, sibling or friend (I presume)
But it gets better…
My experiences have taught me to relinquish all forms of control and entitlement…
Understanding that nobody owes you anything when applied to most situations eliminates all forms of disappointment.
Once one understands that people can not be controlled in terms of how they think, how they react to issues and their choices, your expectations are minimized and emotions such as anger, resentment, regret among others are reduced.
I have been in a really terrible place in the past but knowing this, coupled with the serenity prayer by Reinhold Niebuhr which says, ” God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, Courage to change the things I can, And wisdom to know the difference” has done me a lot of good.
I am not perfect, I still have very low moments but a better understanding of myself and the things that motivate me have yielded a more patient and calm young woman.
I am proud of how far I’ve come, I’m glad I had to go through those very low moments because I came out unscathed with an even better version of myself. Sometimes it gets worse before it gets better…
I totally agree with John Lennon, “One thing you can’t hide is when you are crippled inside.”
In order to deal with the demons (not literally… just stating this…to avoid having my dad organize a deliverance session) that lurk in the shadows of your mind, a thorough self Introspection is key…
Self-knowledge really is the beginning of wisdom…
Have your say
More Opinion Headlines
- Changing the ‘weak cedi’ narrative
- A review of draft National Tourism and Hospitality Training Policy
- Is Africa ready for the continental free trade area?
- Threat to shoot - Which way with school children?
- Womanising financial year
- Blockchain is the Solution for the Music Industry
- Djokoto’s Diary: The Ghanaian elite ought to be better benefactors
- Bring ‘Tankass’ back!
- Edwinology’s Lab: We are not a hospitable people, we are hospitalised citizens
- Julius Kwesi Hamenoo writes...A blunt look at issue of gender inequality
- Djokoto’s Diary: Invest in tertiary education
- Towards religious tolerance and societal harmony
- Ghana’s GHs198 bn debt stock: Gov’t on a borrowing spree
- Papa Yaw Asare writes...The Blessing of a father
- Spousal rights to property: Comparing divorce to death of a spouse