Information available to Myjoyonline.com indicate that Deputy Communications Minister Victoria Hammah has been sacked.
A one paragraph statement from the Information Ministry, signed by the minister, Mahama Ayariga, said, "His Excellency President John Dramani Mahama has relieved Ms. Victoria Hammah, Depuy Minister Communications of her post as Deputy Minister."
Sources at the Information Ministry say her dismissal is in connection with a leaked taped on which she is believed to have made various allegations and comments which embarrass government.
The tape went viral on the internet and social networking sites with newspaers quoting verbatim the comments contained thereoff.
The voice on the tape, attributed to Victoria Hammah, is heard harshly criticising Deputy Minister of Gender, Children and Social Protection, Rachel Appoh, for attempting to fight the Minister, Nana Oye Lithur.
According to the voice, it was unreasonable for Mrs Appoh, a neophyte in politics to take on Nana Oye Lithur, who has a huge reputation and whose husband, Tony Lithur, is a friend of President John Dramani Mahama.
“…I told Rachel that I really understand politics...I will not quit politics until I make one million dollars. If you have money then you can control people,” a part of the tape said.
Have your say
More Politics Headlines
- Parliament recalled to pass Companies Bill
- SA xenophobic attackers must be prosecuted – Okudzeto urges int’l community
- Minority to trigger process for Osafo Maafo’s removal
- Collins Dauda reduced Parliament’s approved Saglemi contract – Atta-Akyea
- Gov't lacks strategic policy in dealing with China - Lecturer
- Deporting 'Galamsey Queen': Ablakwa spreads blame
- OccupyGhana 'highly disappointed' by Osafo-Maafo comments on Aisha Huang
- Politics is not religion… - Free Zones boss wants a paradigm shift
- Parliament postpones stakeholder engagement on Vigilante Bill
- 'I've never been against free SHS' – Mahama to Bawumia
- 'He is an Esau!'- NDC castigates Akufo-Addo for 'betraying' galamsey fight
- Politicians are like prostitutes claiming to be virgins – Man goes wild at business summit
- Mahama presents over 20 vehicles to NDC
- Hot Audio: Even without free SHS you couldn't deliver – Bawumia to Mahama
- Free SHS has been good for North, will be good for all of Ghana – Bawumia