The Chairman of the Council of State has admonished President John Mahama to take bold and decisive steps to confront the current economic difficulties the country is facing.
Mrs Cecilia Johnson also wants the president to deal with corruption which is one of the biggest challenges facing the country.
She gave the admonition at the Peduase Lodge where the president is meeting members of the Council of State.
The Council of State is a recognised body charged by the constitution to counsel the president on major national issues. The Council meets the president from time-to-time to discuss some of these issues and to find the way forward.
Joy News' Seth Kwame Boateng who is present at the Peduase Lodge reported the Council of State members are also unhappy with the state of indiscipline in the country.
They are therefore asking for a better partnership with the National Commission on Civic Education to instil discipline in Ghanaians.
On the free Senior High School policy, the council is convinced it is a policy worth implementing.
The Council members are therefore asking the president to invest in the policy and make it sustainable.
The meeting said to be ongoing would have the president also share his concerns on the many national issues.
Have your say
More Politics Headlines
- Gov’t should have objected to NAM1 sponsoring Ghana Premier League - NDC
- Gov't endorsement of NAM1 enhanced his credibility - NDC
- Mahama, wife don’t have investments with Menzgold - Joyce Bawah
- NDC postpones flagbearer election
- Help us end chieftaincy disputes – Ga Traditional Council pleads with Akufo-Addo
- NDC MPs supporting Mahama out of gratitude - Bagbin
- NAM 1 arrest: More questions than answers
- Ablakwa wants bi-partisan parliamentary inquiry into Menzgold saga
- Out of court settlement agreed in injunction on NDC presidential primaries
- Alabi celebrates Victor Gbeho, Dzirasah on his campaign trail
- Chiefs begin process to formulate dev't agenda for Bono East Region
- Cocoa prices: COCOBOD debunks Mahama’s “false statements”
- EC affirms NPP aspirant to vie Ayawaso West Wuogon by-election
- PMMC boss, Opare Hammond has died
- EC clears NDC MP aspirant to contest for by-election