Ghana’s Former Ambassador to Saudi Arabia, Rashid Bawa is confident an Akufo-Addo presidency will save Ghana from total collapse.
According to him, Akufo-Addo is the man Ghanaians are yearning for because his achievement in both local and international politics is unrivalled.
Rashid Bawa, on Asempa FM’s "Ekosii Sen" programme, Friday endorsed Nana Addo's candidature in the upcoming presidential primaries on Saturday October 18th and urged NPP delegates to retain him [Nana] as flagbearer.
“I’m endorsing Akufo-Addo with all my heart because he is the best man to redeem Ghanaians from the shackles of poverty,” he added.
The former Ambassador said Nana Akufo-Addo’s popularity as compared to the other aspirants [Alan Kyerematen and Francis Addai Nimoh] among the Ghanaian electorate is unmatched.
He indicated that Ghanaians need an incorruptible leader to nib the “unbridled corruption” in the Mahama-led administration, which has exacerbated the hardship in the country, in the bud.
Rashid Bawa urged NPP delegates to put the interest of Ghanaians at heart and vote massively for Akufo-Addo on Saturday.
Have your say
More Politics Headlines
- Hot Audio: Even without free SHS you couldn't deliver – Bawumia to Mahama
- Free SHS has been good for North, will be good for all of Ghana – Bawumia
- Asantehene shows gratitude for support over 2 decades
- Otumfuo@20: Lady Julia's love message to Asantehene
- Take out party elements from galamsey fight - Baako advises Akufo-Addo
- Osafo-Maafo must apologise for ‘avoidable gaffe’ – Baako
- Akufo-Addo must fire Snr. Minister for exposing Ghana to global ridicule - Former Minister
- Release MASLOC vehicles to GPRTU drivers – Mahama to gov’t
- Senior Minister’s Office clarifies controversial Aisha Huang comments
- Osafo-Maafo's comment fatal blow to galamsey fight - Ken Ashigbey
- Akufo-Addo urges ‘mobilisation of collective energy, prayers’ in Easter message
- Hot Audio: NDC will abolish luxury vehicles tax- John Mahama
- Queen mother calls for the establishment of National House of Queens
- Dust not settled on approved Bono Regional Minister – Minority hints
- NDC kicks against ‘online’ registration of new voters