One person has been arrested in Nanton constituency in the Northern Region for attempting to snatch a ballot box while polling was still ongoing in the NDC primary Saturday. .
Mighty FM’s Mohammed Abdul Daim explains Abdul Rahaman Alhassan came to the polling station with a colleague on a motorbike, grabbed the ballot box but could not mount the bike before it sped away.
Abdul Rahaman Alhassan ran after the bike in a desperate attempt to get on it but failed. He was left with the ballot box in his hands.
He was seized by a combined team of police and military men, who had been watching events keenly.
Mohammed reports that the man was beaten by the security personnel before shoving him into a police vehicle.
All these happened right in front of the MP for the area, Murtala Mohammed, who is being challenged by Dr. Salifu Yakubu.
Have your say
More Politics Headlines
- "My son Anyidoho's decision to contest me not betrayal" - Asiedu Nketia
- "Days of NDC disunity over" – Asiedu Nketia
- NDC decides: Here are the winners and losers
- NDC contestant's name missing on ballot paper
- NDC decides: Ofosu Ampofo whips Abodakpi to lead NDC
- No Voltarian in the game, NDC must think about it - Anita De-Soso loses
- Video: Koku's attempt to oust Asiedu Nketia wrong - Ade Coker
- NPP can't teach NDC how to elect leaders - Agyenim Boateng jabs
- Never try to oust your boss – Ade Coker advises after Koku’s defeat
- Photos: Day 2 of NDC National Delegates Congress
- NDC decides: 'Asiedu Nketia shows Koku his level' with 5,000 gap
- 2019 budget will create more jobs for the youth
- Video: NDC explains dragged National Executive elections
- Video: NDC delegates have regretted voting me out - Boateng Gyan boasts
- Video: Nduom’s party “ready for strategic partnership in 2020”