One person has been arrested in Nanton constituency in the Northern Region for attempting to snatch a ballot box while polling was still ongoing in the NDC primary Saturday. .
Mighty FM’s Mohammed Abdul Daim explains Abdul Rahaman Alhassan came to the polling station with a colleague on a motorbike, grabbed the ballot box but could not mount the bike before it sped away.
Abdul Rahaman Alhassan ran after the bike in a desperate attempt to get on it but failed. He was left with the ballot box in his hands.
He was seized by a combined team of police and military men, who had been watching events keenly.
Mohammed reports that the man was beaten by the security personnel before shoving him into a police vehicle.
All these happened right in front of the MP for the area, Murtala Mohammed, who is being challenged by Dr. Salifu Yakubu.
Have your say
More Politics Headlines
- No hope; Avedzi decries 'partisan' Parliament
- African Court to rule on Woyome case Friday
- Universal access to electricity still on course – Gov’t assures
- Kofi Annan’s wife visits agro-processing firm that empowers rural women
- Ghana needs leaders willing to be unpopular - Ashesi lecturer
- New presidents can’t sack CEOs: NDC backs Supreme Court decision
- 'CHRAJ application incompetent' - Freddie Blay shows up in court
- Asantehene destools second chief in a week
- Rearing for food and jobs will develop livestock industry – Akufo-Addo
- EMYs honours British High Commissioner for Dev't achievements across Africa
- Govt can’t sack CEOs – Supreme Court declares
- Minority Leader urges EC to publish registered voters daily
- Despite Group affiliate apologises to Ibrahim Mahama
- EPA works to promote inter-institutional coordination
- Volta NDC women, MTN celebrate Rawling's 72nd birthday