One person has been arrested in Nanton constituency in the Northern Region for attempting to snatch a ballot box while polling was still ongoing in the NDC primary Saturday. .
Mighty FM’s Mohammed Abdul Daim explains Abdul Rahaman Alhassan came to the polling station with a colleague on a motorbike, grabbed the ballot box but could not mount the bike before it sped away.
Abdul Rahaman Alhassan ran after the bike in a desperate attempt to get on it but failed. He was left with the ballot box in his hands.
He was seized by a combined team of police and military men, who had been watching events keenly.
Mohammed reports that the man was beaten by the security personnel before shoving him into a police vehicle.
All these happened right in front of the MP for the area, Murtala Mohammed, who is being challenged by Dr. Salifu Yakubu.
Have your say
More Politics Headlines
- Mahama urged to submit his evidence to Emile Short Commission
- Hot Video: Joy News Editorial: Short Commission - Same questions, different responses
- Parliament summons Interior Minister over recent children assaults
- Mahama's election bid hit with suit
- Suhuyini accuses Speaker of unfair treatment
- #GhanaConnect: Citizens ‘scared’ by witnesses’ accounts at Short C’ssion
- Mahama acted appropriately, deal with NPP thugs - Osafo Maafo told
- Dambai is capital of new Oti region
- Brong Ahafo to be known as Bono Region
- Sefwi Wiaso is capital of Western North region
- Joint CDD-Ghana, CODEO delegation in Nigeria
- Short Commission: Police denies knowledge of SWAT vehicle, masked men
- Rawlings calls for global political accountability
- Short Commission probe: No armed men in any of our polling stations - Jean Mensa
- Lack of political will cause of growing vigilantism - Aning