Some of the Let My Vote Count Alliance protesters have been beaten and others arrested by the Police for allegedly using unapproved routes in their march to demand a new electoral roll.
The police fired tear gas and beat protesters with horse whips in attempts to cow them into submission.
The police suspected the protesters were trying to deviate from the planned route and where heading to the Electoral Commission. The police secured a court order yesterday to stop the protesters from going to the Commission's premises to picket.
It started peacefully.....
Then some misunderstanding between organisers and police broke out......
And then it turned violent.....
Have your say
More Politics Headlines
- 70% of Ghana’s problems 'Christian' – Peace Council Chair
- Alabi, Mahama, Bagbin, others want me to lead NDC – Abodakpi
- Dagbon protests: New region will not affect traditional boundaries – Dan Botwe
- Emir of Qatar lauds Akufo-Addo for ‘governing Ghana well’
- Ministerial nominees to be vetted by specific committees - Prof Mike Ocquaye
- Mahama promises law to regulate 'galamsey' if elected president
- OccupyGhana educates NPP MP on Right to Information Bill
- Speaker to name, shame MPs who are always late
- Office of Special Prosecutor: L.I. reaches Parliament – Gov't claims
- Akufo-Addo’s Free SHS policy law plan a joke – Minority
- NDC 'astonished' at President's 'my appointees are clean claim'
- Photo story: Furious Thursday turns to funny Monday at Adentan demo
- Kojo Bonsu pledges to make NDC 'most attractive party'
- ‘It’s long overdue’: MP accuses gov't of feet-dragging over anti-graft law
- Akufo-Addo leaves for a day's visit to Qatar