Some of the Let My Vote Count Alliance protesters have been beaten and others arrested by the Police for allegedly using unapproved routes in their march to demand a new electoral roll.
The police fired tear gas and beat protesters with horse whips in attempts to cow them into submission.
The police suspected the protesters were trying to deviate from the planned route and where heading to the Electoral Commission. The police secured a court order yesterday to stop the protesters from going to the Commission's premises to picket.
It started peacefully.....
Then some misunderstanding between organisers and police broke out......
And then it turned violent.....
Have your say
More Politics Headlines
- Limited Voters Registration exercise fraught with massive challenges – NDC
- We did no wrong awarding contract to David Adjaye – Parliament
- Luxury vehicle tax inefficient, scrap it in budget review - Minority
- Rawlings on 3-day working visit to Burkina Faso
- Curb your voracious appetite for borrowing – Minority to gov’t
- Gov’t to probe Sir Adjaye's multiple contracts allegations
- Strengthen Ghana’s democratic credentials with ROPAA - Ambassador to EC
- C/R: NPP constituency executives demonstrate against Chairman
- Another police officer resigns to contest for parliamentary seat
- Parliament approves €276m facility for Tamale water project
- Change constitution, cap constituencies - CDD Fellow
- I feel sad for cocoa farmers - Mahama
- Ayariga's lawyers urge court to put trial on hold
- Kwame Owusu's appointment to GRA endorses corruption - NDC
- 1.2m new voters added to electoral roll