Some of the Let My Vote Count Alliance protesters have been beaten and others arrested by the Police for allegedly using unapproved routes in their march to demand a new electoral roll.
The police fired tear gas and beat protesters with horse whips in attempts to cow them into submission.
The police suspected the protesters were trying to deviate from the planned route and where heading to the Electoral Commission. The police secured a court order yesterday to stop the protesters from going to the Commission's premises to picket.
It started peacefully.....
Then some misunderstanding between organisers and police broke out......
And then it turned violent.....
Have your say
More Politics Headlines
- Parliament recalled to pass Companies Bill
- SA xenophobic attackers must be prosecuted – Okudzeto urges int’l community
- Minority to trigger process for Osafo Maafo’s removal
- Collins Dauda reduced Parliament’s approved Saglemi contract – Atta-Akyea
- Gov't lacks strategic policy in dealing with China - Lecturer
- Deporting 'Galamsey Queen': Ablakwa spreads blame
- OccupyGhana 'highly disappointed' by Osafo-Maafo comments on Aisha Huang
- Politics is not religion… - Free Zones boss wants a paradigm shift
- Parliament postpones stakeholder engagement on Vigilante Bill
- 'I've never been against free SHS' – Mahama to Bawumia
- 'He is an Esau!'- NDC castigates Akufo-Addo for 'betraying' galamsey fight
- Politicians are like prostitutes claiming to be virgins – Man goes wild at business summit
- Mahama presents over 20 vehicles to NDC
- Hot Audio: Even without free SHS you couldn't deliver – Bawumia to Mahama
- Free SHS has been good for North, will be good for all of Ghana – Bawumia