Suspended 2nd Vice Chairman of the New Patriotic Party has headed to court with a suit to quash his suspension.
Sammy Crabbe said his suspension was an act of lawlessness by "coup makers" who have thrown the party's long held credentials to the dogs.
He said his suit filed at the Accra Human Right Court will expose these coup makers for who they are- "sycophants and political entrepreneurs."
Mr Crabbe was suspended by the National Executive Council of the party after he failed to appear before the Disciplinary Committee to answer misconduct charges leveled against him by two members of the party.
He was the third national executive of the party to be suspended for misconduct with Chairman Paul Afoko and General Secretary Kwabena Agyepong being the other two.
All of them were deemed to have breached the party's code of conduct and conducted themselves in ways that brought the party's name into disrepute.
But two of them Afoko and now Crabbe are in court challenging the party's decision.
Crabbe is challenging the power of the NEC to take that decision. He told Joy News a national executive elected by the party's highest decision making body cannot be suspended with a mere administrative fiat.
He said the suspension is a violation of the rules of natural justice, error on the face of the records and a breach of procedure.
He said the two members who brought the petition against him, Mr. Boye Laryea and Ms. Gladys Tsotso Mann-Dedey, are not even members of congress and could not have begun any such proceedings against him.
"Our party is governed by laws. The party's constitution is under attack by "sycophants and political entrepreneurs."
He said the conduct of these "subversionists" is threatening the very existence of the party but vowed that his court suit will expose them for who they are.
He threatened to go all the way to the Supreme Court to get justice.
Have your say
More Politics Headlines
- Ghana Airport Company MD removed
- My exit from BoG escalated activities of Menzgold - Fmr Deputy Governor
- Jasikan hyped as preferred capital for Oti Region
- Undercover investigator killing: Gov't charges police to speed up investigations
- NDC agrees to revise presidential primaries guidelines
- Video: NDC, NPP lock horns over Menzgold
- NDC diverted 100 vehicles meant for Education Ministry for party activities
- Gov’t should have objected to NAM1 sponsoring Ghana Premier League - NDC
- Gov't endorsement of NAM1 enhanced his credibility - NDC
- Mahama, wife don’t have investments with Menzgold - Joyce Bawah
- NDC postpones flagbearer election
- Help us end chieftaincy disputes – Ga Traditional Council pleads with Akufo-Addo
- NDC MPs supporting Mahama out of gratitude - Bagbin
- NAM 1 arrest: More questions than answers
- Ablakwa wants bi-partisan parliamentary inquiry into Menzgold saga