The New Patriotic Party is incensed by anti-party comments by suspended member Dr. Charles Wereko-Brobby, describing him as a “mysterious and greedy politician”.
Deputy General Secretary of NPP, Nana Obiri Boahen suspects the energy expert wants to stage a comeback into the political limelight by passing unpopular comments about his own party.
Dr Charles Wereko-Brobby who served as a CEO of power generator, Volta River Authority, under the LA Kufuor government lambasted the party for its unflinching call for a new voter’s register for the 2016 elections.
A panel put together by the electoral commission has rejected calls by the NPP for a new electoral roll to be compiled. The opposition party has described the recommendation as disappointing.
However, the controversial politician says the opposition party should simply shut up.
"I want to hear NPP talk about the fuel price hikes, the wrongs going on in Ghana. This is the time to offer alternatives, not keep complaining and wasting our time with threats of going to court. There’ll be no new register. End of the story,” he said on Asempa FM Monday.
But Nana Obiri Boahene told Joy News Dr. Wereko-Brobby should be ignored.
In his observation, Dr. Wereko-Brobby was only “making ugly noise” just to seek attention from the public.
He, the Deputy General Secretary recalled, Tarzan, as Dr. Wereko-Brobby is called, abandoned the party at a critical moment to form a rival political party which contested for election in 2000.
When young people and several other committed people had put in their “sweat” to win power for the party, Dr. Wereko-Brobby made a u-turn to “enjoy the goodies”, an irritated Obiri Boahene recounted, explaining why he is a "mysterious and greedy politician".
In any case, he maintained, the suspended members should be the ones who should “shut up” and not the party that he believes is fighting a good cause.
Meanwhile, the NPP has asked suspended founding member, Dr Nyaho Nyaho-Tamakloe to seek redress if he feels aggrieved by the sanctions against him.
Dr Tamakloe was suspended for making some unsavoury comments against the party leadership last week.
Have your say
More Politics Headlines
- Wereko Brobby meets Akufo-Addo over Radio Gold, XYZ closure
- No pickup, no mercy - NDC tells Savannah Region Minister
- Vigilantism Bill passed into law
- NIA begins registration exercise in Volta region
- CID’s investigation of Charles Bissue political – Martin Amidu
- NDC primaries: 74 pick forms for 18 constituencies in Volta Region
- Akufo-Addo resumes regional tours with Western, Central visit
- Disobedience to court order? Never! – Lawyer shocked state refused Afoko bail
- Castigate not Kwame Owusu – Maritime Authority workers defend ex-boss
- Freddie Blay hosts NPP loyal ladies at his residence
- NDC chairman leaves post to contest Keta seat
- Rise in political propaganda disturbing – Youth activist
- Tension as angry Ashanti Region NDC supporters storm party office
- Limited Voters Registration exercise fraught with massive challenges – NDC
- We did no wrong awarding contract to David Adjaye – Parliament