President John Dramani Mahama has in consultation with the Council of State appointed Major General Obed Boamah Akwa as Chief of Army Staff of the Ghana Armed Forces.
Major General Akwa's appointment takes immediate effect.
Major General Obed Boamah Akwa was until his appointment the Commandant of the Kofi Annan International Peacekeeping Training Centre.
According to a statement from the Flagstaff House, the President Mahama has, who is Commander-in-Chief of the Ghana Armed Forces, on the recommendations of the Ghana Armed Forces Council, also approved the promotion of the following officers:
1. Brigadier General W. A. Ayamdo to the rank of Major General
2. Brigadier General S. K. Adeti to the rank of Major General
3. Commodore S. Amoama to the rank of Rear Admiral
4. Air Commodore G. S. Evans to the rank of Air Vice Marshal
President John Dramani Mahama has also endorsed the following appointments in the Ghana Armed Forces:
1. Major General W. A. Ayamdo- Commandant of the Military Academy and Training School
2. Air Vice Marshal G. S. Evans- Commandant of the Kofi Annan International Peacekeeping Training Centre
3. Rear Admiral S. Amoama- Commandant of the Ghana Armed Forces Command and Staff College
The following have also been appointed General Officers Commanding:
1. Brigadier General S. B. Alloh- Northern Command
2. Brigadier General C. B. Alhassan- Central Command
3. Brigadier General F. Ofori- Commander, Special Services Bridage
The President has also approved the promotion of a number of other officers to the next rank, according to the statement released Friday July 1, 2016.
Have your say
More Politics Headlines
- Let's protect our peace by rejecting vigilantism - Methodist Bishop
- Make U/W 'everlasting stronghold' for NPP - Minister to NPP
- CID boss’ conduct ‘indefensible’ - Kasser-Tee fires
- Free SHS is most people-centered policy in Ghanaian history - Yagaba Chief
- Agalga responds to arms importation controversy; says gov’t being dishonest
- No space for conflicts; end the violence now – Akufo-Addo to ‘Chereponis'
- EIU report: NDC rubbishes 2020 victory prediction for NPP
- NDC issued permit for arms importation 2 days before leaving office - Gov’t reveals
- Nayiri lauds Akufo-Addo’s intervention in roads sector
- Philanthropist to industrialise Mfantseman constituency
- We’ve cleared arrears - Health Minister on trainee allowances
- DCEs abandon terrorism meeting; minister outraged
- Ghanaians angry with NPP, NDC – JOY restrategises for 2020 victory
- EIU predicts 2020 victory for Akufo-Addo
- Gov’t urged to consult broadly on Nima regeneration project