An Indian trade promotion company, Source India is holding the first and largest of its multi-sectoral businesses exhibitions in Accra.
The programme which is to afford Ghanaian businesses the opportunity to share ideas with their Indian counterparts started on Tuesday at the Accra International Conference Center. It would come to an end on Thursday March 2.
About 50 Indian companies are visiting Ghana with the prime objective of improving the existing relations, establishing and developing new business with Ghanaians.
"The Indian exhibitors represent sectors like Engineering, Food processing & Technology, Auto Components, Healthcare & Pharmaceutical, Building and Construction, Textile & Footwear etc. expecting Ghanaian counterparts comprising of manufacturers, importers, distributors, entrepreneurs, wholesalers and retailers for business engagement and investment tie ups."
Read full statement below:
Source India Ghana 2017 –Initiative aiming at enriching bilateral relation and trade for mutual growth
Ghana has been a well growing economy in the West African region with focus on trade enhancement and improving presence in the international trade.
India-Ghana share a very warm & cordial relation. India has been supporting Ghana for development projects through Lines of Credit and grants amounting to around US$ 230 million. Indian investment in Ghana is around USD 998 Mn making India the 2nd largest foreign investor in Ghana. That apart Ghana was included as 1 of 9 West African countries under the GOI’s TEAM 9 initiative launched in 2004.
In view of the improving relations and scope of joint working for development between India and Ghana, Govt. of India notified and recognized trade promotion organization Trade Promotion Council of India is organizing the first and largest of its kind multi sectoral Indian business meet Source India Ghana 2017 at Accra International Conference Center during February 28 – Mar 2, 2017.
The business delegation comprises of around 50 Indian companies visiting Ghana with the prime objective of improving the existing relations, establishing and developing new business with their Ghanaian as well as other West African counterparts and explore the scope of investment in Ghana.
The Indian exhibitors represent sectors like Engineering, Food processing & Technology, Auto Components, Healthcare & Pharmaceutical, Building and Construction, Textile & Footwear etc. expecting Ghanaian counterparts comprising of manufacturers, importers, distributors, entrepreneurs, wholesalers and retailers for business engagement and investment tie ups.
Source India Ghana has been welcomed and supported by leading Ghanaian trade organizations like Ghana Chamber of Commerce and Industry (GCCI), Association of Ghana Industries, Food & Beverage Association of Ghana, Ghana Medical Association, Association of Building and Civil Engineering Contractors of Ghana, West African Pharmaceutical Manufacturers Association.
The business meet shall be inaugurated by H.E. Birender Singh Yadav, High Commissioner, High Commission of India, Accra. Senior officials from the above mentioned trade bodies have also confirmed to join the inauguration ceremony.
Through Source India Ghana 2017, it is expected that the bilateral trade, investment and business relations will get strengthened which will have a positive impact on Ghanaian economy through Joint Venture initiatives, technology transfers thereby leading to employment generation, output growth and achieve import competitiveness.
Have your say
More Politics Headlines
- I couldn’t rig elections even if my father was running – EC Chair
- Akufo-Addo extols Parliament for its 'courage' in passing RTI
- Update: Akufo-Addo assents to RTI law
- CODEO wants chiefs to galvanise support for district level elections
- ‘Ghanaians feel insecure’ – Mahama wants gov't action
- Gov't won't be swayed by EIU's election 2020 victory report - Oppong Nkrumah
- Yapei chief commends Akufo-Addo for tackling water problem
- Gov’t records four-fold increase in revenue in piloted cashless system
- Appointment of Ambassador-at-large ‘killing’ PNC - Mornah
- Savannah Region will soon catch up with others - Akufo-Addo assures
- President ends tour of new regions
- Let's protect our peace by rejecting vigilantism - Methodist Bishop
- Make U/W 'everlasting stronghold' for NPP - Minister to NPP
- CID boss’ conduct ‘indefensible’ - Kasser-Tee fires
- Free SHS is most people-centered policy in Ghanaian history - Yagaba Chief