President Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo has sworn in Shirley Ayorkor Botchway as the nation's Foreign Affairs Minister Saturday.
The ceremony which was held at the Ghana Embassy in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia was attended by few government officials.
Secretary to the President, Nana Bediatuo Asante and Political Assistant to the President, Francis Asenso-Boakye were part of the few people who attended the swearing in.
The President had on Friday sworn in 12 Ministers out of the 13 following what has been described as a torturous approval from Parliament.
Minority Members of Parliament (MPs) on the Appointments Committee had earlier torpedo efforts to approve Senior Minister, Yaw Osafo Maafo and Energy Minister, Boakye Agyarko.
The Majority New Patriotic Party (NPP) MPs were unable to build consensus, but after bouts of allegations and counter allegations about an attempted bribery, the situation was resolved.
All 13 of them were approved by a unanimous consensus by the legislators and within minutes President Akufo-Addo administered the Minister's Oath to them.
Shirley Botchway was out of the country when the ceremony was held. She went ahead of the President to Ethiopia to make preparation for his arrival for the African Union (AU) Summit.
The President disclosed at the Accra ceremony that he would swear her in when he arrives in Ethiopia.
Fulfilling his promise, the President charged the Minister to discharge her duties to the satisfaction of the country without fear or favor.
President Akufo-Addo would be participating in the 28th AU Summit which opens on Monday and ends on Tuesday.
He is expected in the country on Wednesday, February 1.
Have your say
More Politics Headlines
- Gov’t says drop in inflation, fuel prices sign of better days ahead
- Akufo-Addo removes Justice Dery, two other high court judges from office
- NDC flagbearer race: Goosie Tanoh will get full backing if he wins - Asiedu Nketiah
- Reversion to 'original' logo cost less than GHS16,000 – EC boss
- Mahama will be easier to beat in 2020 - Nana Akomea projects
- Sylvester Mensah is intellectually fit for the presidency - NDC Chairman supports
- I'll continue Mills' policy of building party offices - Alabi
- I'll accelerate development if...Sly Mensah pledges
- Work hard, bring NDC back; Sly Mensah to delegates in Eastern Region
- I won't fail you; Prof Alabi tells Ashanti NDC
- "Reduce it again" - 6 NDC presidential aspirants turn Oliver Twist
- Bye-election: 'Unifying' NPP candidate emerges at Ayawaso West Wuogon
- NDC Primaries: Alabi files nomination Monday
- Yellow for Yes, brown for No – EC on new regions referendum
- August 4 soon to be Public Holiday if...