Former president John Dramani Mahama has described as false stories claiming he has made a decision on who will be his running mate for the 2020 presidential elections.
A statement from his Campaign Office and signed by the campaign spokesperson, James Agyenim-Boateng Wednesday asked the public to disregard the speculations.
“ Mr. Mahama is presently focused on both his NDC flagbearer campaign and his official duties, therefore, Ghanaians should disregard all such conjectures,” he said.
The former president who is actively campaigning for a comeback in 2020, was reported to be considering who to partner him for the 2020 election.
According to some reports, one of the favourites is Zanetor Rawlings, the legislator for Korle Klottey constituency and daughter of former president Jerry John Rawlings.
But Mr Agyenim-Boateng said “we wish to state that the reports are false” urging the public to disregard such reports.
Have your say
More Politics Headlines
- RTI Bill to be law on Tuesday
- Keta residents kick against Akufo-Addo's nominee
- Sale of state assets bane of cedi - Greenstreet
- Parliament needs punitive measure to check MPs absenteeism - Odekro
- NDC wants Peace Council to choose venue for party militia dialogue
- Photos: NDC elders join family to mourn Kwabena Adjei
- Video: Only 15 MPs show up in parliament
- Cedi depreciation to increase cost of doing business - Minority
- Chief Justice warns saboteurs of E-Justice project
- NPP militia invitation letter: NDC MP says it's good faith, NDC executive says bad faith
- Ato Forson’s 5 questions for Bawumia
- Highlights: Minority on the state of Ghana's economy
- Cedi depreciation: Government must admit failure - Minority
- Adom Otchere was irrelevant to Short Commission – Executive Secretary explains
- New regions will have highest calibre of staff – Local gov’t head