Founder and leader of United Progressive Party has chastised the New Patriotic Party (NPP) government for what he says, is its failure to support businesses.
Akwasi Addai, also known as Odike, says all sectors of the economy are struggling, with little or no effort by government to deal with the challenges.
Speaking on Nyira FM on Tuesday, the businessman and politician said this year’s Christmas will be worst as times are hard.
“The private sector is as weak as carbonic acid and if this continues into to next year I won’t be surprising if NPP returns into opposition,” he predicted.
Mr. Addai accuses President Akufo-Addo and his government of cronyism instead of working to satisfy the masses who vote them into power.
He encourages Ghanaians, especially, women and the youth, to use their numbers to demand accountability from the people they vote for to lead the country.
Deputy General Secretary of the NPP, Nana Obiri Boahen, however, says it is too early for Ghanaians to complain about unfulfilled promises.
He acknowledges that although the concerns are legitimate, Ghanaians can express them after the President and his government complete their four-year mandate.
Have your say
More Politics Headlines
- 2019 Budget: “Listen to us often": Minority mocks revision of 35% income tax policy
- 2019 budget "dead on arrival" - Minority
- Amidu to get ¢180m to fight corruption
- 2019 budget to bring respite to Ghanaians
- 70% of Ghana’s problems 'Christian' – Peace Council Chair
- Alabi, Mahama, Bagbin, others want me to lead NDC – Abodakpi
- Dagbon protests: New region will not affect traditional boundaries – Dan Botwe
- Emir of Qatar lauds Akufo-Addo for ‘governing Ghana well’
- Ministerial nominees to be vetted by specific committees - Prof Mike Ocquaye
- Mahama promises law to regulate 'galamsey' if elected president
- OccupyGhana educates NPP MP on Right to Information Bill
- Speaker to name, shame MPs who are always late
- Office of Special Prosecutor: L.I. reaches Parliament – Gov't claims
- Akufo-Addo’s Free SHS policy law plan a joke – Minority
- NDC 'astonished' at President's 'my appointees are clean claim'