The Speaker of Parliament has recalled the House from recess to consider some urgent businesses.
A statement from the Director of Public Affairs in Parliament, Kate Addo said the recall is to “consider some very important Parliamentary business including the completion of work on and passing of the Companies Bill among others.”
“Professor Aaron Michael Oquaye has directed that Parliament reconvenes for sitting from Monday, April 29 to Friday, May 3…,” the statement said.
“All Members of Parliament are entreated to attend upon the House to expedite action on these,” the Speaker directed.
Find the full statement below:
Have your say
More Politics Headlines
- Canadian girls' rescue: No ransom negotiations occurred - Baako backs gov't
- Is gov't trying to gag security capos? - Security analyst quizzes
- Akufo-Addo's policies to fight corruption unmatched in 4th Republic – Bawumia
- Oda NPP gets Nissan Pickup to boost activities
- Deputy Speaker cautions MPs against lying about attendance
- Parliament 'tightens' security following attempted suicide
- Canadian girls kidnap: Education Ministry PRO in trouble over Facebook post
- 15 MPs found to abandon work after ‘clocking in’
- Ghana could have female leader soon - Akufo-Addo
- EC sets new date for limited voters’ registration exercise
- Lolobi, Akpafu chiefs fight inclusion in Oti region
- NDC urges calm among supporters following Chairman’s arrest
- EC gets cleared to go ahead with Limited Registration Exercise
- Don't incite public against legislators - Speaker reacts to controversial survey
- Photos: Ambassador to Italy presents letters of credence to Italian President