President Nana Akufo-Addo is scheduled to publicly present the Constitutional Instrument on the creation of the six new regions this week.
In a statement signed by Information Minister, Kojo Oppong Nkrumah, the President will host the delegations on the 12th 13th and 15th of February.
“Delegations comprising Chiefs and people of the new regions have been invited to the Jubilee House in Accra for the official ceremonies,” the statement said.
“While congratulating the Chiefs and People, Government expects that the creation of the new regions will be a further boost to their development,” it added.
This follows the December 27, 2018 referendum in the six affected areas that massively approved the creation of the regions.
The chiefs and people of the affected areas had petitioned the President asking for the regions to be created.
After the Supreme Court ruling gave the green-light for the referendum to be conducted in the affected areas only, the Electoral Commission went ahead with their polls.
The new regions are Western North, Ahafo, Bono East, Oti, North East, and Savannah.
Meanwhile, Myjoyonline has learnt that unlike previously where all regional offices and secretariats are centered in the capitals, the government intends to spread such facilities and offices across the new regions.
This according to a source, will open up and promote development in these new regions.
Have your say
More Politics Headlines
- Let's protect our peace by rejecting vigilantism - Methodist Bishop
- Make U/W 'everlasting stronghold' for NPP - Minister to NPP
- CID boss’ conduct ‘indefensible’ - Kasser-Tee fires
- Free SHS is most people-centered policy in Ghanaian history - Yagaba Chief
- Agalga responds to arms importation controversy; says gov’t being dishonest
- No space for conflicts; end the violence now – Akufo-Addo to ‘Chereponis'
- EIU report: NDC rubbishes 2020 victory prediction for NPP
- NDC issued permit for arms importation 2 days before leaving office - Gov’t reveals
- Nayiri lauds Akufo-Addo’s intervention in roads sector
- Philanthropist to industrialise Mfantseman constituency
- We’ve cleared arrears - Health Minister on trainee allowances
- DCEs abandon terrorism meeting; minister outraged
- Ghanaians angry with NPP, NDC – JOY restrategises for 2020 victory
- EIU predicts 2020 victory for Akufo-Addo
- Gov’t urged to consult broadly on Nima regeneration project