President Nana Akufo-Addo is scheduled to publicly present the Constitutional Instrument on the creation of the six new regions this week.
In a statement signed by Information Minister, Kojo Oppong Nkrumah, the President will host the delegations on the 12th 13th and 15th of February.
“Delegations comprising Chiefs and people of the new regions have been invited to the Jubilee House in Accra for the official ceremonies,” the statement said.
“While congratulating the Chiefs and People, Government expects that the creation of the new regions will be a further boost to their development,” it added.
This follows the December 27, 2018 referendum in the six affected areas that massively approved the creation of the regions.
The chiefs and people of the affected areas had petitioned the President asking for the regions to be created.
After the Supreme Court ruling gave the green-light for the referendum to be conducted in the affected areas only, the Electoral Commission went ahead with their polls.
The new regions are Western North, Ahafo, Bono East, Oti, North East, and Savannah.
Meanwhile, Myjoyonline has learnt that unlike previously where all regional offices and secretariats are centered in the capitals, the government intends to spread such facilities and offices across the new regions.
This according to a source, will open up and promote development in these new regions.
Have your say
More Politics Headlines
- Govt can’t sack CEOs – Supreme Court declares
- Minority Leader urges EC to publish registered voters daily
- Despite Group affiliate apologises to Ibrahim Mahama
- EPA works to promote inter-institutional coordination
- Volta NDC women, MTN celebrate Rawling's 72nd birthday
- Female representation in Parliament still low – Majority Leader laments
- Video: Africa's problem is leadership - John Maxwell speaks on Joy FM
- Suit challenging legality of Ayawaso West Wuogon by-election dismissed
- District Assembly rejects 2018 League Table after scoring zero
- President peddled false energy debt figures in Canada - Minority
- Female MPs must go unchallenged in NDC primaries - Minority Leader
- Amidu takes responsibility for defects in Ayariga's charge sheet
- Ofosu-Ampofo is being investigated for kidnapping of Indian - NDC
- No sacking over poor performance on District League Table – Minister assures
- Akufo-Addo’s Jamaican Visa waiver comments undermine Parliament – Ablakwa