Joy News has captured exclusive video footage depicting NDC MP for Ningo Prampram being heckled and attacked by masked men wielding guns in the ongoing Ayawaso West Wuogon constituency.
Early Thursday morning, Sam Dzata George posted on Facebook that he had just been assaulted by several members of the NPP Invisible Forces. He claims that they were wearing NSC shirts.
In the video, about 50-60 men are seen chasing the MP as they hurled insults and slapped him.
“[George] is traumatized. When I went to his home he was in the bedroom and couldn’t even move. I don’t understand why people would do this,” Chairman of the NDC, Samuel Ofosu-Ampofo, told Joy FM.
Just hours into the by-election, some armed men clothed in National Security apparel stormed the La Bawalashie Presby polling station. Eyewitnesses say the armed men fired shots and attacked some agents believed to be opposition NDC agents.
The shots lasted 20 minutes. Police intervened as the attacks continued.
The men, according to eyewitnesses, also stormed the home of NDC candidate, Delali Kwesi Brempong.
Joy News cannot confirm the number of those injured or dead.
Have your say
More Politics Headlines
- President ends tour of new regions
- Let's protect our peace by rejecting vigilantism - Methodist Bishop
- Make U/W 'everlasting stronghold' for NPP - Minister to NPP
- CID boss’ conduct ‘indefensible’ - Kasser-Tee fires
- Free SHS is most people-centered policy in Ghanaian history - Yagaba Chief
- Agalga responds to arms importation controversy; says gov’t being dishonest
- No space for conflicts; end the violence now – Akufo-Addo to ‘Chereponis'
- EIU report: NDC rubbishes 2020 victory prediction for NPP
- NDC issued permit for arms importation 2 days before leaving office - Gov’t reveals
- Nayiri lauds Akufo-Addo’s intervention in roads sector
- Philanthropist to industrialise Mfantseman constituency
- We’ve cleared arrears - Health Minister on trainee allowances
- DCEs abandon terrorism meeting; minister outraged
- Ghanaians angry with NPP, NDC – JOY restrategises for 2020 victory
- EIU predicts 2020 victory for Akufo-Addo