Joy News has captured exclusive video footage depicting NDC MP for Ningo Prampram being heckled and attacked by masked men wielding guns in the ongoing Ayawaso West Wuogon constituency.
Early Thursday morning, Sam Dzata George posted on Facebook that he had just been assaulted by several members of the NPP Invisible Forces. He claims that they were wearing NSC shirts.
In the video, about 50-60 men are seen chasing the MP as they hurled insults and slapped him.
“[George] is traumatized. When I went to his home he was in the bedroom and couldn’t even move. I don’t understand why people would do this,” Chairman of the NDC, Samuel Ofosu-Ampofo, told Joy FM.
Just hours into the by-election, some armed men clothed in National Security apparel stormed the La Bawalashie Presby polling station. Eyewitnesses say the armed men fired shots and attacked some agents believed to be opposition NDC agents.
The shots lasted 20 minutes. Police intervened as the attacks continued.
The men, according to eyewitnesses, also stormed the home of NDC candidate, Delali Kwesi Brempong.
Joy News cannot confirm the number of those injured or dead.
Have your say
More Politics Headlines
- I feel sad for cocoa farmers - Mahama
- Ayariga's lawyers urge court to put trial on hold
- Kwame Owusu's appointment to GRA endorses corruption - NDC
- 1.2m new voters added to electoral roll
- Justice Sai explains why A-G is to blame for Afoko's legal pickle
- Ayorkor Botchwey sues Larry Dogbe, The Herald for defamation
- Don’t impose Muntaka on us - Agitated Asawase youth
- Young Professional Network group launches in Canada
- Amidu has legitimate concerns – Anti-corruption campaigner
- NDC targets 170 seats in Parliament
- Use positions to serve, not to amass wealth — Theodora Wood
- Kofi Adams hopeful firming Buem as NDC stronghold
- Amidu laments interference in his work
- New High Court ruling on Afoko bail ‘shocking, bizarre’ – Kpebu
- Remove new GRA Board Chair until impropriety claims are cleared - CSOs