Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary to Italy has presented her letters of credence to President Sergio Mattarella in the Italian capital, Rome.
Receiving the Ghanaian envoy at the Quirinale Palace, the Italian President welcomed Eudora Quartey-Koranteng and congratulated her on the appointment.
He noted with admiration Ghana’s good name with a stable democracy with potential for economic growth and expressed hope that the Ghanaian Ambassador would work to increase collaboration and further strengthen Ghana-Italy relations for mutual benefit.
To this end, the Italian President gave the assurance that his country would support the Ambassador in the discharge of her duties.
For her part, Mrs Quartey-Koranteng conveyed greetings from President Nana Akufo-Addo and Ghanaians to President Mattarella. She commended the Italian government for its continued support to the Ghana government.
Mrs Quartey-Koranteng showed appreciation for the $25million dollar pledge to Ghana during the visit of the Italian Deputy Prime Minister Matteo Salvini, in November 2018.
The facility would be useful for promoting the various programmes of government to improve the human resource capacity of local Small and Medium Enterprises. She further noted that government was looking forward to drawing down on the facility in fulfilment of the pledge.
The Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary further shared government’s commitment to make Ghana an active player in the 21st-century world arena under the ‘Ghana Beyond Aid’ initiative which is aimed at building a self-sufficient Ghana that could partner investors.
She noted that the ‘Free Senior High School’, ‘Planting for food and jobs’ and ‘One-District One-Factory’ are some of the key projects currently being aggressively implemented throughout Ghana.
She reiterated Ghana’s offer of a viable environment for business and called for more Italian investors to consider Ghana, a business destination.
Ambassador Quartey-Koranteng also presented to the Italian president, letters of recall of her predecessor, PaulinaPatience Abayage who is currently Minister for the Upper East region.
Have your say
More Politics Headlines
- Disobedience to court order? Never! – Lawyer shocked state refused Afoko bail
- Castigate not Kwame Owusu – Maritime Authority workers defend ex-boss
- Freddie Blay hosts NPP loyal ladies at his residence
- NDC chairman leaves post to contest Keta seat
- Rise in political propaganda disturbing – Youth activist
- Tension as angry Ashanti Region NDC supporters storm party office
- Limited Voters Registration exercise fraught with massive challenges – NDC
- We did no wrong awarding contract to David Adjaye – Parliament
- Luxury vehicle tax inefficient, scrap it in budget review - Minority
- Rawlings on 3-day working visit to Burkina Faso
- Curb your voracious appetite for borrowing – Minority to gov’t
- Gov’t to probe Sir Adjaye's multiple contracts allegations
- Strengthen Ghana’s democratic credentials with ROPAA - Ambassador to EC
- C/R: NPP constituency executives demonstrate against Chairman
- Another police officer resigns to contest for parliamentary seat