The Asantehene, Otumfuo Osei Tutu II has destooled two chiefs in less than one week in the Ashanti region.
Days after Asafohene and Head of the Akwamu Division, Akyamfuo Kwame Akowuah, was ousted for flouting the Great Oath of Asanteman, another has received the marching orders.
Chief of Ahenkro, near Offinso, Nana Ahenkro Sei Ababio III has been sanctioned for showing disrespect to the King by defying orders barring chiefs from taking all chieftaincy and land disputes to the courts.
He is also accused of arrogating to himself an "overlord" status though he is ‘nobody’.
Akyamfuo Kwame Akowua was destooled last week by the Asantehene
Asantehene who spoke through his linguist, Baffuor Osei Kwame Kantankrankyi, said Ahenkro Sei should blame his insubordination and disrespect for his predicament.
Having been enstooled in 1999, just about the time Otumfuo ascended the Golden Stool, Ahenkrohene’s reign ended at a traditional council meeting at Manhyia Palace on Monday, 24th June , 2019, when Otumfuo delivered judgement.
It would be recalled Asafohene was found guilty for illegal sale of land, among about 40 charges brought against him by his elders.
On ascending the Golden Stool as the 16th Asantehene, Otumfuo’s early initiatives included an order to withdraw all chieftaincy disputes pending in court for settlement through the traditional and customary structures.
It spontaneously earned him the accolade King Solomon, in reminiscence of the Biblical wise King Solomon.
Have your say
More Politics Headlines
- Kwame Owusu's appointment to GRA endorses corruption - NDC
- 1.2m new voters added to electoral roll
- Justice Sai explains why A-G is to blame for Afoko's legal pickle
- Ayorkor Botchwey sues Larry Dogbe, The Herald for defamation
- Don’t impose Muntaka on us - Agitated Asawase youth
- Young Professional Network group launches in Canada
- Amidu has legitimate concerns – Anti-corruption campaigner
- NDC targets 170 seats in Parliament
- Use positions to serve, not to amass wealth — Theodora Wood
- Kofi Adams hopeful firming Buem as NDC stronghold
- Amidu laments interference in his work
- New High Court ruling on Afoko bail ‘shocking, bizarre’ – Kpebu
- Remove new GRA Board Chair until impropriety claims are cleared - CSOs
- Treat corruption as high-risk activity – Adwoa Safo
- 'President has killed corruption probe on ex-Maritime Authority boss'