The Overlord of Mamprugu, the Nayiri, Naa Bohugu Abdulai Mahami Sheriga, has thanked the President Akufo-Addo, for the creation of the North East Region.
According to the Nayiri, the North East Region was “borne out of the visionary and sterling leadership of the President,” adding that “I wish to once again register our sincere gratitude to you and your government for this precious gift. Thank you for making your word your bond.”
Naa Bohugu Abdulai Mahami Sheriga was addressing a durbar of chiefs and people of Nalerigu on Thursday, May 16, 2019, held in honour of President Akufo-Addo, when he made this known.
In his remarks, the Overlord of Mamprugu thanked President Akufo-Addo for the award of Janga-Nasia-Kparigu road for construction, indicating that “I am happy with the progress of work so far.”
He equally expressed his appreciation to the President for “similar construction works going on in Walewale, Gambaga and Nalerigu town roads. It is my conviction that similar works will be done in Bunkpurugu, Chereponi. Thank you for the intervention in the road sector in the North East Region.”
On his part, President Akufo-Addo reiterated his commitment not to concentrate all regional institutions in the capital, but rather “we are going to spread the regional facilities all through the region, so that every aspect of the region feels part of the new development that is taking place.”
He further appealed to residents of the North East Region to “go about the construction of this new region with a single, undivided objective that we are going to build a great, new region.”
He continued, “When people look back on what has happened, they will say that in the reign of Naa Bohogu Mahami Abdulai Sheriga and Nana Akufo Addo, as President, that the North East Region took off, and became a great region.”
President Akufo-Addo also commissioned the Sakogu Community Day Senior High School, and interacted with students of the Nakpanduri Senior High School, where he also commissioned a 120-bed capacity dormitory.
He also presented 8 vehicles, comprising 3 Nissan Patrol SUVs and 5 pickup vehicles to the North East Regional Co-ordinating Council to facilitate their work.
In Bunkpurugu, President Akufo-Addo inspected ongoing works on the bitumen surfacing of the 6.1 kilometre Bunkpurugu town roads.
The contract, which was awarded on 30th November, 2018, and is expected be completed in 18 months, i.e. on 29th May, 2020.
Have your say
More Politics Headlines
- New IGP appointment good for Akufo-Addo but not Ghana – MP
- ¢10k bounty for information on whereabouts of missing gov’t vehicle
- 4 file to contest Dome Kwabenya NDC primary
- Wereko Brobby meets Akufo-Addo over Radio Gold, XYZ closure
- No pickup, no mercy - NDC tells Savannah Region Minister
- Vigilantism Bill passed into law
- NIA begins registration exercise in Volta region
- CID’s investigation of Charles Bissue political – Martin Amidu
- NDC primaries: 74 pick forms for 18 constituencies in Volta Region
- Akufo-Addo resumes regional tours with Western, Central visit
- Disobedience to court order? Never! – Lawyer shocked state refused Afoko bail
- Castigate not Kwame Owusu – Maritime Authority workers defend ex-boss
- Freddie Blay hosts NPP loyal ladies at his residence
- NDC chairman leaves post to contest Keta seat
- Rise in political propaganda disturbing – Youth activist