Ghana goalkeeper Adam Kwarasey was voted ‘keeper of the season in Norway on Sunday – and he made history too.
His Stromsgodset side won their first league title in 43 years as they secured a 4-0 victory against Haugesund.
Stromsgodset entered their home game on the final day of the league season leading by just a single point ahead of Rosenborg. The league Champions had a tougher opposition in Haugesund than rivals Rosenborg on the day.
Kwarasey and his side at half time were scared, as Rosenborg had taken a 2-0 lead in their game while it was still goalless in the Stromgodset versus Haugesund game.
The home side took the initiative to calm the fans’ nerves by scoring the opener eight minutes after the break through Ola Kamara. Stromsgodset kicked into their stride by scoring three more goals to win 4-0 and secure a league title for the first time since 1970.
Stromsgodset finished the league with 63 points from 30 games and a +40 goal difference. Kwarasey and his teammates will enter the second qualifying round of next season’s UEFA Champions League.
Rosenborg won their game 3-0 and finished second, a point behind Stromsgodset.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- VAR set to be used in Premier League next season
- Kwesi Appiah defends Ghana's big-name recalls
- Mourinho better than Guardiola - Maradona
- Wayne Rooney to be England captain during farewell appearance
- 46 Sports Associations to benefit from GHASSEP Seminars
- UGBS Marketing lecturer argues Hearts-Umbro deal will cut local jobs
- U-17 WWC: All the best photos as Black Maidens make winning start
- Claudio Ranieri appointed as Fulham boss
- Santiago Solari appointed Real Madrid head coach until 2021
- U-17 WWC: Abdulai hat-trick leads Ghana past hosts Uruguay
- Dinnage to become first female Premier League chief executive
- U-17 WWC: Ghana coach eyes winning start against Uruguay
- 10 winners emerge in Maltavator Challenge season 2 Takoradi edition
- Solari to get Real Madrid job on permanent basis
- 2019 AFCON qualifier: Kwadwo Asamoah out of Ethiopia clash