Ghana goalkeeper Adam Kwarasey was voted ‘keeper of the season in Norway on Sunday – and he made history too.
His Stromsgodset side won their first league title in 43 years as they secured a 4-0 victory against Haugesund.
Stromsgodset entered their home game on the final day of the league season leading by just a single point ahead of Rosenborg. The league Champions had a tougher opposition in Haugesund than rivals Rosenborg on the day.
Kwarasey and his side at half time were scared, as Rosenborg had taken a 2-0 lead in their game while it was still goalless in the Stromgodset versus Haugesund game.
The home side took the initiative to calm the fans’ nerves by scoring the opener eight minutes after the break through Ola Kamara. Stromsgodset kicked into their stride by scoring three more goals to win 4-0 and secure a league title for the first time since 1970.
Stromsgodset finished the league with 63 points from 30 games and a +40 goal difference. Kwarasey and his teammates will enter the second qualifying round of next season’s UEFA Champions League.
Rosenborg won their game 3-0 and finished second, a point behind Stromsgodset.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- Kwesi Appiah names Andre Ayew as new Black Stars captain
- Keita set to miss Champions League final but could be ready for Guinea
- PSG boss Al-Khelaifi charged with athletics corruption
- Antonio Conte set to take charge at Inter Milan
- NC Special Cup: Kotoko qualify for semi-finals
- Prof. Wallace writes: The role of Governments in football
- Uganda FA part ways with Paa Kwesi Fabin after two months
- Sarri to discuss Chelsea future after Europa League final
- Fifa drops plans to expand 2022 World Cup to 48 teams
- Ghana's 2019 Afcon squad: Five players snubbed by Kwesi Appiah
- Four times Black Stars players retired, then came back
- AFCON 2019: Gyan named in Black Stars provisional squad
- VAR has been a success in La Liga, say Spanish referees
- CLUB 5 on 5 tournament: Eight teams set for final
- Gyan will not be captain despite President’s intervention- Head of Sports, Multimedia