The funeral service for the late George Arthur, former Black Stars has been scheduled for Saturday, September 5, 2015.
George Arthur, former Ghana Black Stars and Asante Kotoko Football Club (FC) player died whiles playing draught in the afternoon under a tree with his friends.
The late Arthur who also played for the Brong-Ahafo (BA) United FC before Asante Kotoko, became the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the Brong Ahafo club before proceeding to coach the women’s national football team.
His son, George Arthur Jr. tells Adom Sports the funeral will on September 5.
“I remember my father when he was dropped from the 1994 nations cup squad and the next day he was flown to join his colleagues in camp.”
" I am inviting the entire GFA, Tony Yeboah and Coach Kwesi Appiah to come and mourn with us on September 5."
The funeral will be held at his villa in Sunyani with the service starting at 8am prompt.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- Ghana's 2019 Afcon squad: Five players snubbed by Kwesi Appiah
- Four times Black Stars players retired, then came back
- AFCON 2019: Gyan named in Black Stars provisional squad
- VAR has been a success in La Liga, say Spanish referees
- CLUB 5 on 5 tournament: Eight teams set for final
- Gyan will not be captain despite President’s intervention- Head of Sports, Multimedia
- Three reasons why Kwesi Appiah cannot drop Asamoah Gyan
- StarTimes to broadcast live Kotoko vs Asec Mimosas friendly
- Asamoah Gyan's return will be negative but… Foh-Amoaning
- Gyan rescinds Black Stars retirement decision
- Gyan’s 'tirade', Akufo-Addo's intervention criticised
- Akufo-Addo backs Kwasi Appiah's new Black Stars captain decision
- StarTimes to broadcast 2019 Copa Del Rey final
- Ghana does not belong to Asamoah Gyan, he can go – Grunsah
- Arsenal's Mkhitaryan to miss Europa League final due to security concerns