The funeral service for the late George Arthur, former Black Stars has been scheduled for Saturday, September 5, 2015.
George Arthur, former Ghana Black Stars and Asante Kotoko Football Club (FC) player died whiles playing draught in the afternoon under a tree with his friends.
The late Arthur who also played for the Brong-Ahafo (BA) United FC before Asante Kotoko, became the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the Brong Ahafo club before proceeding to coach the women’s national football team.
His son, George Arthur Jr. tells Adom Sports the funeral will on September 5.
“I remember my father when he was dropped from the 1994 nations cup squad and the next day he was flown to join his colleagues in camp.”
" I am inviting the entire GFA, Tony Yeboah and Coach Kwesi Appiah to come and mourn with us on September 5."
The funeral will be held at his villa in Sunyani with the service starting at 8am prompt.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- Morocco to bring in VAR technology for all top-flight league games
- CAF CC: Ex-Kotoko star Yusif Chibsah thinks key to qualifying is winning away matches
- Tanko hints at call-ups for Kotoko players for Kenya Clash
- I’m not scared of Tagoe - Richard Commey
- Valverde signs one-year contract extension at Barcelona
- Arsenal lose at BATE as Chelsea, Napoli and Inter win in Europa League
- Man Utd pay Mourinho and his staff £19.6m after sacking
- Barcelona expect Messi to sign another contract
- NBA: Harden matches Chamberlain's 57-year-old scoring record
- Asensio nets late Real winner as Ajax left to rue VAR decision
- Tottenham stun Dortmund with magnificent second-half display
- CAF CC: Kotoko coach CK Akonnor happy after Zesco win
- CAF CC: Kotoko back on track with 2-1 win against Zesco
- Anthony Joshua to defend titles against Jarrel Miller
- Manchester United charged by Uefa after bottles thrown at Di María