Medeama captain Muntari Tagoe says the players will separate back-room uncertainty from on-field performance to make sure they are focused on their bid to make a significant impact in Ghana and Africa this year.
The highly-intelligent goalkeeper says events of the past few weeks have brought his colleagues closer together.
The club’s campaign has been dogged by off-field issues, with coach Tom Strand staying away from the club.
The future of the Swedish has been hugely speculated after the club confirmed it was concerned about the attitude of the foreign tactician.
A meeting between the club’s management and the former Bechem United trainer on Thursday ended inconclusively.
A further discussion will take place on Friday to find a truce following his recent unprofessional conduct.
But in the midst of the raging storm, captain Muntari Tagoe insists his colleagues are not distracted by the off-field issues.
“It’s very easy to get distracted but you need to remain focused and, to be fair, I think the boys have been doing that,” Tagoe said.
“This team is special. In this team we are family, we are brothers.”
All our focus is on the club,” continued Tagoe. “We continue to believe in the process. We want to make the group stage of the CAF Confederation Cup.
“If we execute our plan well, it gives us a chance.”
Medeama host Wa All Stars on Sunday before traveling to South Africa to battle Mamelodi Sundowns in the first leg of the CAF Confederation Cup play-off tie next week.
Follow Joy Sports on Twitter: @JoySportsGH. Our hashtag is #JoySports
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- Boots for Charity: Two GIS pupils donate to lower division side Phoenix FC
- Messi presented with record fifth European Golden Shoe award
- Solskjaer in running for Man Utd caretaker manager role
- Ronaldo poses semi-naked again for new 'ball pit' underwear advert
- Pogba quickly deletes social media reaction to Mourinho's sacking at Man United
- Manchester United sack boss Mourinho
- MLS star David Accam organizes Community Soccer Gala in Accra
- Andre Ayew scores in Fenerbahce draw on his 29th birthday
- Europa League: Arsenal to meet BATE, Chelsea draw Malmo
- UCL Draw: Man Utd face PSG, Liverpool play Bayern
- Mourinho: Man Utd can still finish in the top four after Liverpool loss
- SCOREBOARD: Results from top European leagues
- Shaqiri double sees Liverpool beat Man Utd to go top
- Hazard stars as Chelsea hold on to beat Brighton
- Southampton end Arsenal's 22-match unbeaten run