Medeama captain Muntari Tagoe says the players will separate back-room uncertainty from on-field performance to make sure they are focused on their bid to make a significant impact in Ghana and Africa this year.
The highly-intelligent goalkeeper says events of the past few weeks have brought his colleagues closer together.
The club’s campaign has been dogged by off-field issues, with coach Tom Strand staying away from the club.
The future of the Swedish has been hugely speculated after the club confirmed it was concerned about the attitude of the foreign tactician.
A meeting between the club’s management and the former Bechem United trainer on Thursday ended inconclusively.
A further discussion will take place on Friday to find a truce following his recent unprofessional conduct.
But in the midst of the raging storm, captain Muntari Tagoe insists his colleagues are not distracted by the off-field issues.
“It’s very easy to get distracted but you need to remain focused and, to be fair, I think the boys have been doing that,” Tagoe said.
“This team is special. In this team we are family, we are brothers.”
All our focus is on the club,” continued Tagoe. “We continue to believe in the process. We want to make the group stage of the CAF Confederation Cup.
“If we execute our plan well, it gives us a chance.”
Medeama host Wa All Stars on Sunday before traveling to South Africa to battle Mamelodi Sundowns in the first leg of the CAF Confederation Cup play-off tie next week.
Follow Joy Sports on Twitter: @JoySportsGH. Our hashtag is #JoySports
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- Manchester City captain Vincent Kompany to leave after 11 years
- Deontay Wilder knocks out Dominic Breazeale in first round to defend title
- Manchester City win FA Cup to secure historic domestic football treble
- AFCON 2019: Why Asamoah Gyan must be sacrificed for the future
- Robben, Ribery strike in perfect farewell as Bayern seal Bundesliga title in style
- 'Bribed' referees who handled Ashgold-Kotoko clash banned temporarily
- Guardiola relaxed over UEFA probe into Manchester City
- Allegri to leave Juventus this summer
- ANALYSIS: Only these players from Ghana's 2017 AFCON team should go to Egypt. [Infographic]
- Wafu Women's Cup: Ghana fail to reach final after Nigeria defeat
- Asantehene calls for golf support
- Solskjaer will get financial backing to 'create success' at Man United
- Thomas Partey could join Inter, claims agent
- Man City referred to UEFA judicial chamber over alleged FFP breaches
- FIFA seeks a billion World Cup viewers to boost women's game