Ghanaian football historian James Oyedeji is dead after battling a short illness.
The celebrated historian died at the 37 Military Hospital in Accra on Monday April 4.
Oyedeji was rushed to the hospital last month after suffering mild stroke.
The former Mighty Jets administrative manager is a household name in Ghana with his rich knowledge of football and other sports.
He is hugely regarded as football repository in the West African country with an enviable historical record.
Oyedeji held a MSc. Economics degree.
Follow Joy Sports on Twitter: @JoySportsGH. Our hashtag is #JoySports
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- Mikel Obi retires from international football
- A fifth “All-African Coaches” AFCON final
- Juventus sign De Ligt on five-year deal
- AFCON 2019: Ighalo hands Nigeria bronze
- Atletico Madrid sign Tottenham defender Kieran Trippier
- Kotoko midfielder Kwame Bonsu completes move to Esperance
- CAF adopts one-leg finals for club competitions
- Real Zaragoza sign Raphael Dwamena from Levante
- Caf expands Women's AFCON to 12 teams
- Tunisia v Nigeria: kick-off time, team news, head to head, form and more
- Blatter labels Samoura's Caf move 'colonialist'
- Pernell Whitaker was unique - Eddie Pappoe
- #AFCON Offside: Ismailia, the beautiful city without V8 [Photos]
- Ghana Football Awards billboards hit town
- Marc Batchelor: South African former footballer shot dead