Aduana Stars made amends for losing the first edition of the G6 by beating Hearts of Oak 4-3 on penalties at the Baba Yara Stadium to clinch the second edition.
Former youth keeper Joseph Addo was the hero of the night saving two penalties to steer the Dormaa side to victory
Patrick Razak put Hearts ahead but substitute Nathaniel Asamoah scored his second against Hearts in the competition to level the game and send it to the lottery of penalties.
Vincent Atinga converted first for the Phobians but Derrick Sasraku skied Aduana's opening kick.
Richard Akrofi saw his kick saved by Addo before Yakubu Mohammed scored Aduana’s first from the spot.
Anthony Nimo and Noah Martey both expertly converted but Joseph Addo saved Mustapha Essuman's kick to pile pressure on Hearts despite veteran Don Bortey scoring to keep Hearts hopes alive.
Godfred Saka scored the decisive penalty to clinch the title.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- Black Stars captaincy rift triggers 'bring back Stephen Appiah spirit'
- Gyan urged to decline Black Stars 'General Captain' post
- Live: Joy Sports Invitational 2019 updates
- Joy AFCON Podcast Ep 4: Gyan & Ayew + analysis of Appiah's 29-man squad
- Messi haunted by Liverpool defeat
- Kanoute's attempt to give Seville its first purpose-built mosque in 700 years
- Kwesi Appiah names Andre Ayew as new Black Stars captain
- Keita set to miss Champions League final but could be ready for Guinea
- PSG boss Al-Khelaifi charged with athletics corruption
- Antonio Conte set to take charge at Inter Milan
- NC Special Cup: Kotoko qualify for semi-finals
- Prof. Wallace writes: The role of Governments in football
- Uganda FA part ways with Paa Kwesi Fabin after two months
- Sarri to discuss Chelsea future after Europa League final
- Fifa drops plans to expand 2022 World Cup to 48 teams