Ghana coach Avram Grant has named 23 players for Friday's 2018 World Cup qualifier against Uganda in Tamale with Norway-based midfielder Gilbert Koomson handed his first Black Stars call-up in the squad.
Midfielder Enoch Adu Kofi, who plays in Sweden, returns to the national team for the first time since December 2014
Captain Asamoah Gyan will lead the team after missing last two games against Rwanda and Russia.
Coach Grant invited Hearts of Oak defender Inusah Musah and Emmanuel Ocran of Wa All Stars to join the team to be closely observed. The duo has only been called up to be observed as their status is non-residential.
Players are expected to arrive before team’s training in Accra on Monday and Tuesday before flying out to Tamale as they prepare to face the Cranes.
Goalkeepers: Razak Braimah (Cordoba, Spain), Adam Kwarasey (Rosenborg, Norway) Richard Ofori (Wa All Stars)
Defenders: Harrison Afful (Columbus Crew, USA), Daniel Amartey (Leicester City, England), Jeffery Schlupp (Leicester City, England), Baba Rahman (Schalke, Germany), John Boye (Sivasspor, Turkey), Jonathan Mensah (Anzhi, Russia), Edwin Gyimah (Orlando Pirates, South Africa)
Midfielders: Emmanuel Agyemang-Badu (Udinese, Italy), Afriyie Acquah (Torino, Italy), Thomas Partey (Atletico Madrid, Spain) Enock Adu Kofi (Malmo, Sweden) Samuel Tetteh (Leifering, Austria), Mubarak Wakaso (Panathinaikos, Greece), Frank Acheampong (Anderlecht, Belgium), Christian Atsu (Chelsea, England), Gilbert Koomson (Songdal, Norway)
Forwards: Asamoah Gyan (Al Ahli, UAE), Jordan Ayew (Aston Villa, England), Abdul Majeed Waris (Lorient, France), David Accam (Chicago Fire, USA)
Observation: Inusah Musah of Hearts of Oak and Emmanuel Ocran of Wa All Stars - (The two players have been invited to train with the Black Stars to be closely observed by the coach.)
Meanwhile the Black Stars squad will travel to face the Bafana Bafana of South Africa in an international friendly in Durban on Tuesday October 11 after the World Cup qualifier with Uganda.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- Kofi Amoah to stay in new look Fifa Normalisation Committee, 3 others to leave
- PSG win legal battle with UEFA over FFP investigation
- Opare replaces Yiadom in Black Stars squad to face Kenya
- Xavi says 48-team Qatar World Cup would be too long
- Hudson-Odoi 'shocked' to receive first England call-up
- Ronaldo charged by UEFA over goal celebration
- CAF Rankings: Ghana gains one coefficient point after Kotoko campaign
- Messi humbled by Betis fans' standing ovation
- CAF CC: Akonnor refuses to blame lack of football activity for early exit
- Incredible Messi hat-trick earns standing ovation from Betis fans
- Inter edge Milan derby in five-goal thriller
- SCOREBOARD: Results from top European leagues
- CAF CC: Asante Kotoko suffer group stage exit
- Atletico-Barca clash sets attendance record for women's club game
- Keerapa Active to construct ultra-modern football facility in Sogakope