Ghana coach Avram Grant has named 23 players for Friday's 2018 World Cup qualifier against Uganda in Tamale with Norway-based midfielder Gilbert Koomson handed his first Black Stars call-up in the squad.
Midfielder Enoch Adu Kofi, who plays in Sweden, returns to the national team for the first time since December 2014
Captain Asamoah Gyan will lead the team after missing last two games against Rwanda and Russia.
Coach Grant invited Hearts of Oak defender Inusah Musah and Emmanuel Ocran of Wa All Stars to join the team to be closely observed. The duo has only been called up to be observed as their status is non-residential.
Players are expected to arrive before team’s training in Accra on Monday and Tuesday before flying out to Tamale as they prepare to face the Cranes.
Goalkeepers: Razak Braimah (Cordoba, Spain), Adam Kwarasey (Rosenborg, Norway) Richard Ofori (Wa All Stars)
Defenders: Harrison Afful (Columbus Crew, USA), Daniel Amartey (Leicester City, England), Jeffery Schlupp (Leicester City, England), Baba Rahman (Schalke, Germany), John Boye (Sivasspor, Turkey), Jonathan Mensah (Anzhi, Russia), Edwin Gyimah (Orlando Pirates, South Africa)
Midfielders: Emmanuel Agyemang-Badu (Udinese, Italy), Afriyie Acquah (Torino, Italy), Thomas Partey (Atletico Madrid, Spain) Enock Adu Kofi (Malmo, Sweden) Samuel Tetteh (Leifering, Austria), Mubarak Wakaso (Panathinaikos, Greece), Frank Acheampong (Anderlecht, Belgium), Christian Atsu (Chelsea, England), Gilbert Koomson (Songdal, Norway)
Forwards: Asamoah Gyan (Al Ahli, UAE), Jordan Ayew (Aston Villa, England), Abdul Majeed Waris (Lorient, France), David Accam (Chicago Fire, USA)
Observation: Inusah Musah of Hearts of Oak and Emmanuel Ocran of Wa All Stars - (The two players have been invited to train with the Black Stars to be closely observed by the coach.)
Meanwhile the Black Stars squad will travel to face the Bafana Bafana of South Africa in an international friendly in Durban on Tuesday October 11 after the World Cup qualifier with Uganda.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- Callum Hudson-Odoi: Who is the Chelsea youngster and how good can he be?
- Australian Open: Wozniacki and Stephens through to third round
- Australian Open: Federer battles through against Dan Evans
- Tottenham's Kane out until March with ankle injury
- GFA Normalisation Committee outdoors ad-hoc committees
- Novak Djokovic starts Australian Open with straight-set win
- Houston Rockets: James Harden sets new NBA scoring record
- GPL clubs to play in Special Competition after NC meeting
- Arsenal goalkeeper Petr Cech to retire at the end of the season
- Australian Open 2019: Serena Williams cruises into second round
- Man City cruise past 10-man Wolves to keep pressure on Liverpool
- 40 to battle it out in Maltavator Challenge national finale
- Normalisation Committee postpone launch of Special Competition
- Murray loses possible farewell match at Australian Open to Agut
- De Gea can be Man Utd's greatest keeper - Solskjaer