Ashanti Gold keeper Fatau Dauda says he is not disappointed with Coach Avram Grant's decision to leave him out of the Black Stars squad for the final African Cup of Nations Qualifier game against Rwanda.
Despite his impressive performance for Ashanti Gold, the 31 year old was not included in the 23 man squad.
Coach Avram Grant picked Spain-Based Razak Braimah, Rosenberg Adam Kwarasey and WA All stars Richard Ofori ahead of the former Orlando Pirates Shot-stopper Fatau Dauda.
And the Ashanti Gold goalie says he is not disappointed to have been left out but rather needs to work hard to secure a place next time.
"I am not disappointed, These goalkeepers are good as well, they also deserved the call-up so I am not disappointed,” he told pressmen.
“I just have to work hard and make sure I earn a call-up next time. I need to improve on my performance so I will be invited.”
The Black Stars will begin Camping in Accra Next week in preparations for their final Cup of Nations Qualifier against Rwanda.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- Manchester City captain Vincent Kompany to leave after 11 years
- Deontay Wilder knocks out Dominic Breazeale in first round to defend title
- Manchester City win FA Cup to secure historic domestic football treble
- AFCON 2019: Why Asamoah Gyan must be sacrificed for the future
- Robben, Ribery strike in perfect farewell as Bayern seal Bundesliga title in style
- 'Bribed' referees who handled Ashgold-Kotoko clash banned temporarily
- Guardiola relaxed over UEFA probe into Manchester City
- Allegri to leave Juventus this summer
- ANALYSIS: Only these players from Ghana's 2017 AFCON team should go to Egypt. [Infographic]
- Wafu Women's Cup: Ghana fail to reach final after Nigeria defeat
- Asantehene calls for golf support
- Solskjaer will get financial backing to 'create success' at Man United
- Thomas Partey could join Inter, claims agent
- Man City referred to UEFA judicial chamber over alleged FFP breaches
- FIFA seeks a billion World Cup viewers to boost women's game