Undefeated Ghanaian boxer Isaac Dogboe has been crowned the new WBC Youth Featherweight champion after he defeated his opponent from the Philippines John Neil Tabanao at the Ghana Police Headquarters in Cantoments/
All three judges scored 120 -109 117-113 and 119-110 on the score cards for Dogboe to annex the WBC World Youth and WBO Asia Pacific featherweight titles in addition to the WBO Africa title he already holds.
Although ‘ The Royal Storm’ sustained an injury in the left shoulder after the second round, he managed to pull off the win with inspiration from his coach who doubles as his Father Paul Dogboe.
“Tabanao is a very strong guy and after the second round I lost my hand anytime I threw the left it just felt like it was coming off”.
“But I thank God for this victory and also Tabanao for coming to Ghana to fight”.
“We actually proved that this is really indeed is the Son of God fighting”.
However disappointed John Neil Tabanao is ready for a re-match from any part of the world considering that Dogboe welcomes the offer.
Meanwhile Isaac Dogboe has moved in the world rankings to number five in the featherweight division and number one in Africa.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- Dogboe predicts knockout victory over Navarrete in rematch
- Solskjaer: I don't know if Man Utd players care
- NC Special Cup: WAFA beat Hearts as Dwarfs and B. Chelsea secure first wins
- SCOREBOARD: Results from top European leagues
- PSG clinch eighth Ligue 1 title after Lille draw
- Everton put 4 past woeful Man United
- Betway Easter Gala 2019: Top 4 winners awarded
- NC Special Cup: Matchday 6 preview
- Juventus win eighth successive Serie A title
- Monte Carlo Masters: Fognini stuns Nadal to reach final
- Jeffrey Schlupp's Afcon in doubt after ankle injury
- Tennis: McDan ITF World Tour launched
- Man City hold on against Tottenham to go top
- Monte Carlo Masters: Djokovic loses to Medvedev, Nadal into semi-finals
- #JoyFPL: Last double game week could save season