WAFA produced a breathtaking first half display to end Hearts of Oak’s long unbeaten away record with a convincing 3-0 win over the Phobians.
A treble within the first 27 minutes of the game was enough for the academy side who outplayed their illustrious hosts.
A brace from Togolese Komlan Agbeniadan and one from Charles Boateng completed one of the most one sided performances in the league thus far.
The Phobians had no clue to the swashbuckling display by their young opponents and were down as early as the second minute when
Komlan Agbeniadan profited on a mixup in the Hearts defence to calmly slot pass Soulama Abdoulaye.
The second came not long after when Charles Boateng also capitalized on comical defending to volley past a hapless Soulama.
Two became three when the Togolese was played through to complete a perfect day for the academy side.
Hearts failed to sparkle and failed to pass on a day when their title aspirations were put to test. Captain Reuben Gnagne was taken off at halftime and the introduction of Cosmos Dauda failed to give the Phobians the needed push for a consolation.
WAFA record their first ever win over Hearts in an emphatic way and the Phobians misery could be compounded should All Stars beat Bechem United
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- AFCON 2019: Why this may be Ghana's best yet
- AFCON 2019: Black Stars XI v Benin - Kwadwo Asamoah benched
- AFCON 2019: Can Ghana win? Kinna Likimani doubts
- AL-SMITH: The Black Stars patriotism, under scrutiny, demands an emphatic answer
- Cameroon v Guinea-Bissau: Kick-off time, team news, head-to-head, form and more
- Afcon 2019: Ayew optimistic about Ghana victory against Benin today
- Ghana v Benin: Kick-off time, team news, head-to-head, form and more
- AFCON 2019: Mali dominant in win against Mauritania
- Jordan Ayew, the stagnation of a one-time Ghana prodigy
- AFCON 2019: Cameroon's Joel Tagueu ruled out of tournament with heart defect
- Prof. Wallace writes: Black Stars' pre-tournament 'goal drought'; a cause for concern?
- AFCON 2019: Djalma secures crucial point for Angola against Tunisia
- AFCON 2019: Asamoah Gyan set for another milestone
- AFCON 2019: Tunisian to referee Ghana’s clash with Benin
- AFCON 2019: Kodjia strike sees Ivory Coast scrape past South Africa