WAFA SC have promoted assistant coach Akakpo Patron to lead the academy side in the Ghana Premier League for the second round of the league.
The Sogakope side into the second round of the league without their Dutch trainer John Killa who parted ways with the club.
Patron, a former Asante Kotoko striker, will be in charge for the rest of the campaign beginning with their home game against Ashantigold and club operations manager George Ofosuhene is confident the new coach will continue from where his predecessor left off
“Patron has understood the team, he has worked with John Killa for over two years and over,” he told Joy Sports
“He knows the concept of the academy, how we play from the back, midfield to attack and he is going to improve upon it.”
Patron will be assisted by Sadiq Abubakar who was coach of the U-17 team.
“We also have coaches taking care of our various generations and we have promoted Sadiq Abubakar to assist Akakpo,” Ofosuhene added.
“This is a transitional period, it is not going to create any gap in our side.”
WAFA will also be without leading scorer Samuel Tetteh who signed for Austrian side Red Bull Salzburg.
Follow Joy Sports on Twitter: @JoySportsGH. Our hashtag is #JoySports
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- Dogboe predicts knockout victory over Navarrete in rematch
- Solskjaer: I don't know if Man Utd players care
- NC Special Cup: WAFA beat Hearts as Dwarfs and B. Chelsea secure first wins
- SCOREBOARD: Results from top European leagues
- PSG clinch eighth Ligue 1 title after Lille draw
- Everton put 4 past woeful Man United
- Betway Easter Gala 2019: Top 4 winners awarded
- NC Special Cup: Matchday 6 preview
- Juventus win eighth successive Serie A title
- Monte Carlo Masters: Fognini stuns Nadal to reach final
- Jeffrey Schlupp's Afcon in doubt after ankle injury
- Tennis: McDan ITF World Tour launched
- Man City hold on against Tottenham to go top
- Monte Carlo Masters: Djokovic loses to Medvedev, Nadal into semi-finals
- #JoyFPL: Last double game week could save season