The exciting President's Cup encounter between Asante Kotoko and Hearts of Oak has been rescheduled to July after heavy rains forced the game to end abruptly.
The game was tied at 1-1 with 20 minutes remaining. but the rains accompanied by strong winds forced referee William Agbovi to halt proceedings.
It was a game of two halves with Kotoko bossing the first department in every aspect. The Porcupine Warriors had more of the ball and took more shots and were duly rewarded through Saddick Adams after converting a penalty.
The Phobians reacted superbly in the second half and were good value for the leveller with striker Kwame Kizito nodding home Patrick Razak's corner.
It's back to square one tomorrow as both clubs battle for the glittering trophy at stake.
— Accra Hearts Of Oak (@HeartsOfOakGH) July 2, 2017
President Cup: Kotoko will play the match pending the outcome of Monday's 9 a.m. meeting with Ghalca and other stakeholders.— Asante Kotoko SC (@AsanteKotoko_SC) July 2, 2017
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- 'Be more serious!' - Suarez urges team-mate Dembele to focus
- AWCON 2018: Ghana coach Bashir Hayford sure of victory over Mali
- 2018 Coca-Cola Clubs Minigolf League: Nutterz Putterz set the pace
- Altitude forced Ghana to slow down in second half - Kwesi Appiah
- Zverev stuns world number one Djokovic to win ATP Finals
- Switzerland come back to stun Belgium and reach Nations League semis
- Mauritania seal historic Afcon qualification
- AWCON 2018: Five-star Zambia trounce Equatorial Guinea
- AWCON 2018: South Africa stun Nigeria in Group B opener
- Kane inspires England comeback to seal UEFA Nations League finals place
- 2019 AFCON qualifier: Jordan double gives Ghana victory over Ethiopia
- Give us spectacular goals, impressive set pieces - First Lady to Black Queens
- Thomas Partey shortlisted for BBC African Footballer of the Year 2018
- AWCON 2018: Ghana open campaign with win over Algeria
- Nigeria return to Africa Cup of Nations