Ghanaian hiplife musician Dadie Opanka has urged government to invest heavily in lesser known sports.
It is no secret that Ghana has many talents in lesser known sports but always struggles to make an impact in the country due to the lack of financial support.
Many Ghanaians have made similar calls on government and other corporates institutions to help in the development of lesser known sports.
It has become very obvious that every government is interested taking care of the men's national team, Black Stars, but Opanka believes government must also help in the development of the lesser known sports.
Speaking on Ladies Times Show on Asempa FM as the adorable man of the week he said, “I was playing table tennis when I was in school.
“I stopped playing table tennis because there was nobody supporting me. I think government must support the lesser known sports because they are also doing well.
“We all see them when they go to Olympics Games so with the government support, I believe we can do well in the lesser known sports as well," he said.
Regarding the controversial Black Stars winning bonuses, he said, “I don’t see anything wrong with the money that is being given to the Black Stars players.
“If we don’t give them that money for playing for the country, our leaders will not use that money to develop our country," he said.
Ladies Time airs on Asempa FM every Saturdays from 12:30 to 1:30 pm.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- 2019 AFCON: Benin qualify as Adebayor's Togo go out
- Tanzania seal Afcon return after 39 years
- Appiah reveals reasons for Asamoah's no-show against Kenya
- First Ghana goal excites Caleb Ekuban
- Ghana 1-0 Kenya: Five things we learned
- Player Ratings: Ghana 1-0 Kenya
- 2019 Afcon qualifier: Ekuban debut goal saves Ghana's blushes
- U-23 Afcon qualifier: Ghana thrash Gabon 4-0 in first leg
- 2019 AFCON: Burundi seal historic qualification
- 2019 AFCON qualifier: Ghana vs Kenya preview
- Sterling bags hat-trick as England thrash Czech Republic
- Portugal draw blank against Ukraine on Ronaldo's return
- Messi returns but Argentina lose 3-1 to Venezuela
- Normalisation Committee to stay on another six months
- [Infographic + video]: Why Kwesi Appiah may have no choice than to select benchwarmers