Sports Minister Isaac Asiamah has advised Black Stars coach Kwesi Appiah to select players to the senior national team based on merit.
Asiamah wants Appiah be very assertive and fair in his player selection as it has apparently not been the case in the recent years.
There is a general perception out there that players pay bribes to Ghana Football Association officials to receive call-ups and not as a result of their performances at club level.
And some players are surprisingly snubbed, albeit in top form for clubs, because they do not do the will of the top officials.
But Kwesi Appiah has been told not to follow the status quo.
Telesol launches 4G internet service; set to bridge digital gap
Managing Director of Telesol, a 4G-internet service provider said the company is set to adopt new technologies to widen the current digital divide between Africa and the rest of the world beginning from Ghana.
‘’I urge him (Kwesi Appiah) to be very assertive, fair and firm in your selection of players to the Black Stars. Every Ghanaian is happy he is back and we must all support him.’ He said when Kwesi Appiah met him on Monday.
Government is ready to give the necessary support to Kwesi Appiah to succeed as the Black Stars coach,”
Kwesi Appiah is also head coach of the local Black Stars.
‘’It is very important that you help improve our local league, it needs to be strengthened and hope that you assist the Ghana Football Association with the ideas need to improve the Ghana Premier League’’
‘’He should stay focus on your job and make Black Stars greater than what it is now. Bring back the love of Ghanaians’’ He added.
Kwesi Appiah has been appointed manager following the departure of Avram Grant. He will officially start work on May 1.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- Moura’s late goal in Barcelona takes Tottenham through to last 16
- Salah goal sends Liverpool into Champions League last 16
- StanChart launches “Stand Red Campaign”
- Yaya Toure leaves Olympiakos after three months
- Injured Man City midfielder Silva out for 'a few weeks'
- 'I've always liked Real Madrid!' - Hazard hints at Chelsea exit
- T.I AMASS win Ashanti Regional Inter-Schools Soccer championship
- Chelsea fans banned for alleged abuse of Man City forward Sterling
- Isaac Dogboe: Of poor preparation, a battering and lame excuses
- Evans Aryee 'dethrone' Dimpson Doodo of number one squash spot
- Akufo-Addo commissions Lord’s Wembley Plus mini stadium
- Ronaldo challenges Messi to join him in Italy
- Sterling negative press coverage 'emboldens racist rhetoric' - PFA
- Wembley Sports to partner government to construct 100 parks
- Has Dogboe fought too many times in 2018? No, he hasn't