Every major tournament has seen Ghana players come up with a new celebration. In 2008, the famous kangaroo celebration took center stage at the AFCON held in Ghana, in 2015, it was the famous selfie celebration and in 2017, we can see one hand out and hop forward dance.
Ghanaians might be wondering the inspiration behind the dance andGhana winger Christian Atsu has revealed their unique goal celebration is engineered by the hit song of Ghana rap star Kofi Kinaata.
The players put their hands out and hop forward and vice versa anytime they score at the ongoing tournament.
“ You know that song by Kofi Kinata asking God to take the steering wheel is what we are dancing to. We are also celebrating God taking the steering wheel for us," he told Pulse Sports.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- Solskjaer: I don't know if Man Utd players care
- NC Special Cup: WAFA beat Hearts as Dwarfs and B. Chelsea secure first wins
- SCOREBOARD: Results from top European leagues
- PSG clinch eighth Ligue 1 title after Lille draw
- Everton put 4 past woeful Man United
- Betway Easter Gala 2019: Top 4 winners awarded
- NC Special Cup: Matchday 6 preview
- Juventus win eighth successive Serie A title
- Monte Carlo Masters: Fognini stuns Nadal to reach final
- Jeffrey Schlupp's Afcon in doubt after ankle injury
- Tennis: McDan ITF World Tour launched
- Man City hold on against Tottenham to go top
- Monte Carlo Masters: Djokovic loses to Medvedev, Nadal into semi-finals
- #JoyFPL: Last double game week could save season
- Messi already deserves the next Ballon d'Or – Rivaldo