Every major tournament has seen Ghana players come up with a new celebration. In 2008, the famous kangaroo celebration took center stage at the AFCON held in Ghana, in 2015, it was the famous selfie celebration and in 2017, we can see one hand out and hop forward dance.
Ghanaians might be wondering the inspiration behind the dance andGhana winger Christian Atsu has revealed their unique goal celebration is engineered by the hit song of Ghana rap star Kofi Kinaata.
The players put their hands out and hop forward and vice versa anytime they score at the ongoing tournament.
“ You know that song by Kofi Kinata asking God to take the steering wheel is what we are dancing to. We are also celebrating God taking the steering wheel for us," he told Pulse Sports.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- AWCON 2018: Zambia dreaming big after Eq.Guinea thrashing- star player Mwakapila
- AWCON 2018: Nigeria coach worried about 'snail-pace' build-up ahead of crucial Zambia test
- Development of football in Ghana – A general industrial development perspective
- AL-SMITH: Have Nigeria’s Super Falcons lost their fear factor? Looks like it.
- Yusif Abubakar: Former Aduana Stars coach dies
- 'Be more serious!' - Suarez urges team-mate Dembele to focus
- AWCON 2018: Ghana coach Bashir Hayford sure of victory over Mali
- 2018 Coca-Cola Clubs Minigolf League: Nutterz Putterz set the pace
- Altitude forced Ghana to slow down in second half - Kwesi Appiah
- Zverev stuns world number one Djokovic to win ATP Finals
- Switzerland come back to stun Belgium and reach Nations League semis
- Mauritania seal historic Afcon qualification
- AWCON 2018: Five-star Zambia trounce Equatorial Guinea
- AWCON 2018: South Africa stun Nigeria in Group B opener
- Kane inspires England comeback to seal UEFA Nations League finals place