Every major tournament has seen Ghana players come up with a new celebration. In 2008, the famous kangaroo celebration took center stage at the AFCON held in Ghana, in 2015, it was the famous selfie celebration and in 2017, we can see one hand out and hop forward dance.
Ghanaians might be wondering the inspiration behind the dance andGhana winger Christian Atsu has revealed their unique goal celebration is engineered by the hit song of Ghana rap star Kofi Kinaata.
The players put their hands out and hop forward and vice versa anytime they score at the ongoing tournament.
“ You know that song by Kofi Kinata asking God to take the steering wheel is what we are dancing to. We are also celebrating God taking the steering wheel for us," he told Pulse Sports.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- Solomon Akumba wins Maltavator Challenge Season 2
- CAF CC: Kotoko players to receive $500 each qualification bonus
- Ashgold thrash Medeama to win Betway Cup
- CAF CC: Kotoko reach group stage for first time in 11 years
- Man City score their 100th goal of season to beat managerless Huddersfield
- Pacquiao beats Broner to retain WBA world title on points
- Federer beaten by Tsitsipas in Australian Open fourth round
- Impressive Arsenal beat Chelsea to stay in top four race
- Ligue 1: PSG put nine past Guingamp for record-breaking win
- SCOREBOARD: Results from top European leagues
- La Liga: Real Madrid climb to third with vital win over Sevilla
- Liverpool survive Palace scare to move seven points clear
- Pogba and Rashford give Solskjaer seventh straight Man Utd win
- FIFA condemns undercover investigator killing
- Callum Hudson-Odoi: Chelsea in talks with Bayern Munich target