Ivorian born Burkinabe striker Amed Toure became only the fourth player to net a hat-trick this season, and he delighted with the feat.
The Bechem United star moved to the summit of goal king log after scoring three superb goals as the Hunters pummeled bottom dwellers Bolga All Stars 4-0 at the Nana Gyeabour park on Saturday.
He tallied 12 goals and has overtaken Ebusua Dwarfs captain Nicholas Gyan, 11 goals, with seven matches remaining to end the league season.
“For now am very happy, it’s not easy to lead the goal king of the GPL but I don’t play alone, I also congratulate all my teammates and the supporters as well who have been very supportive,” Toure said in an interview.
Toure in his third spell in Ghana has been key to Bechem’s impressive outing. The club lie 6th, three points adrift the top four as they have 32 points.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- Nigeria still AWCON favourites, but face tougher task than normal
- Black Queens begin quest for first AWCON title on Saturday
- VAR set to be used in Premier League next season
- Kwesi Appiah defends Ghana's big-name recalls
- Mourinho better than Guardiola - Maradona
- Wayne Rooney to be England captain during farewell appearance
- 46 Sports Associations to benefit from GHASSEP Seminars
- UGBS Marketing lecturer argues Hearts-Umbro deal will cut local jobs
- U-17 WWC: All the best photos as Black Maidens make winning start
- Claudio Ranieri appointed as Fulham boss
- Santiago Solari appointed Real Madrid head coach until 2021
- U-17 WWC: Abdulai hat-trick leads Ghana past hosts Uruguay
- Dinnage to become first female Premier League chief executive
- U-17 WWC: Ghana coach eyes winning start against Uruguay
- 10 winners emerge in Maltavator Challenge season 2 Takoradi edition