The exciting President's Cup encounter between Asante Kotoko and Hearts of Oak has been rescheduled to July after heavy rains forced the game to end abruptly.
The game was tied at 1-1 with 20 minutes remaining. but the rains accompanied by strong winds forced referee William Agbovi to halt proceedings.
It was a game of two halves with Kotoko bossing the first department in every aspect. The Porcupine Warriors had more of the ball and took more shots and were duly rewarded through Saddick Adams after converting a penalty.
The Phobians reacted superbly in the second half and were good value for the leveller with striker Kwame Kizito nodding home Patrick Razak's corner.
It's back to square one tomorrow as both clubs battle for the glittering trophy at stake.
— Accra Hearts Of Oak (@HeartsOfOakGH) July 2, 2017
President Cup: Kotoko will play the match pending the outcome of Monday's 9 a.m. meeting with Ghalca and other stakeholders.— Asante Kotoko SC (@AsanteKotoko_SC) July 2, 2017
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- VAR set to be used in Premier League next season
- Kwesi Appiah defends Ghana's big-name recalls
- Mourinho better than Guardiola - Maradona
- Wayne Rooney to be England captain during farewell appearance
- 46 Sports Associations to benefit from GHASSEP Seminars
- UGBS Marketing lecturer argues Hearts-Umbro deal will cut local jobs
- U-17 WWC: All the best photos as Black Maidens make winning start
- Claudio Ranieri appointed as Fulham boss
- Santiago Solari appointed Real Madrid head coach until 2021
- U-17 WWC: Abdulai hat-trick leads Ghana past hosts Uruguay
- Dinnage to become first female Premier League chief executive
- U-17 WWC: Ghana coach eyes winning start against Uruguay
- 10 winners emerge in Maltavator Challenge season 2 Takoradi edition
- Solari to get Real Madrid job on permanent basis
- 2019 AFCON qualifier: Kwadwo Asamoah out of Ethiopia clash