Asante Kotoko defended their President’s Cup title after seeing off rivals Hearts of Oak at the Baba Yara stadium.
It was a repeat from last year as the Porcupine Warriors pipped their opponents through the penalty spot after both teams failed to hit the target in the stipulated 90 minutes.
In a reverse of the game which was rained off, Hearts of Oak had the better of the first half dominating possession and pinning the Kumasi side in their own half. Winger Patrick Razak had the clearest chance to put the Phobians ahead but saw his goal-bound shot cleared off the line.
Kotoko dominated the second half with Baba Mahama and Emmanuel Gyamfi terrorizing the Phobians down both flanks. Despite showing craft and artistry, the Porcupine Warriors failed to find a way past the resolute Hearts defence.
The game was decided through spot kick with Hearts of Oak missing their first two kicks with Vincent Atinga and Robin Gnagne failing to hit the ball past Felix Annan which setup Saddick Adams to score the fourth and decisive penalty for Kotoko to clinch the title.
A kick he executed with such aplomb.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- Dinnage to become first female Premier League chief executive
- U-17 WWC: Ghana coach eyes winning start against Uruguay
- 10 winners emerge in Maltavator Challenge season 2 Takoradi edition
- Solari to get Real Madrid job on permanent basis
- 2019 AFCON qualifier: Kwadwo Asamoah out of Ethiopia clash
- Caf calls off qualifier between Kenya and Sierra Leone
- SCOREBOARD: Results from top European leagues
- Serie A: Higuain sent off as Juventus win at AC Milan
- Ligue 1: Cavani hits hat-trick as PSG thrash Monaco
- La Liga: Real Madrid beat Celta to narrow Barca lead
- Copa Libertadores final: River Plate earn draw at Boca Juniors in thrilling first leg
- 2018 AWCON: Ghana beat South Africa in final warm-up game
- Inter Allies mar Hearts of Oak birthday to win Anniversary Cup
- Man City claim deserved derby victory over Man Utd
- Mkhitaryan rescues Arsenal against Wolves